Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette Lighter

willowbob

Morning all and apologies as this has likely been asked (many times) before, but, the cigarette lighter has no power at the moment. Fuse likely or get a replacement unit (if not fuse)? If replacement any recommendations for units used would be much appreciated. In case you are wondering why I haven't checked already, the car is now 200 miles away, with my sons girlfriend the proud keeper, so just trying to scope things out before I take the next step. Thanks. 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:14 AM, willowbob said:

Morning all and apologies as this has likely been asked (many times) before, but, the cigarette lighter has no power at the moment. Fuse likely or get a replacement unit (if not fuse)? If replacement any recommendations for units used would be much appreciated. In case you are wondering why I haven't checked already, the car is now 200 miles away, with my sons girlfriend the proud keeper, so just trying to scope things out before I take the next step. Thanks. 

If the fuse is intact and you have no power to the cigarette lighter . Have you checked the earthing of the cigarette lighter holder or checked the live supply in the holder to a different earthing point ?

4 hours ago, Robhonda said:

If the fuse is intact and you have no power to the cigarette lighter . Have you checked the earthing of the cigarette lighter holder or checked the live supply in the holder to a different earthing point ?

Will get that checked thanks; as the car is away I am trying to get all bases covered before (I am allowed to) look at it, with this Lockdown etc.,

1 hour ago, willowbob said:

Will get that checked thanks; as the car is away I am trying to get all bases covered before (I am allowed to) look at it, with this Lockdown etc.,

👍

Hi There, Had similar problem on 2011 fiesta after changing over battery, And cigeratte lighter no longer worked.

Found fuse No 6 called J type time delay fuse 20amp had blown. shape of fuse is like 2 suger stuck together

with Green body and blue facia.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-08 at 1.41.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-08 at 1.41.55 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-08 at 1.42.02 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks, I think when (I am allowed) I inspect the car, the fuse box is first port of call.

• 5 months later...

Finally got to view the car again on the weekend. It was just the fuse; foxed me initially though (so tip for anyone else doing this) as I looked at the fuse diagram and saw the cigarette lighter symbol on the bottom row. When I came to fit the fuse, there were no 'connectors' in that slot! Figured out though that this was a spare socket in case the car was fitted with an optional rear cigarette lighter. On closer inspection of the diagram, the fuse for the front lighter was near the middle/top of the diagram. Fuse fitted, job done, all working. Lesson learnt!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club