Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK4 Fiesta - Puma Conversion

sleepyhimiko

Clutch and flywheel came in the other day and new seal has been ordered for the rear main seal

c9a10954-13b0-402e-993f-b2176055844b.jpg

c3c7ced3-fc59-4ec6-a8c5-5e37ebc1bffe.jpg

3e012580-bb85-494e-9bb7-497443811b7f.jpg

also got round to a bit of cleaning and its coming up really nice!!!

43be987d-d26c-47b0-815f-1694583f1dfd.jpg

d97f3908-bb2f-4900-b22c-64bf2146edfa.jpg

Just now, FiestaForever

Clutch looks very nice, black diamond are very high quality design and materials. Their stage 3 is made for modified cars with extra power and torque up to 60%.😎 It looks like you are doing a cracking job with the cleanup too, it’s coming along nicely👍

everything is slowly coming together, projected for everything to be done and engine fitted by early May time and i also need go get an insurance quote from Adrian Flux because my current insurer won't insure me if i swap the engine

Just now, FiestaForever
4 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

everything is slowly coming together, projected for everything to be done and engine fitted by early May time and i also need go get an insurance quote from Adrian Flux because my current insurer won't insure me if i swap the engine

Whaaaaa? How come they won't insure you with the new engine in? Did they give you a reason?

They said they wont cover it because i'm not 25 or have enough driving experience for them to be able to insure! not naming any names but its the insurance company with the bulldog 😂😂 big enough clue to fugure out who it is

Just now, FiestaForever

Well that’s a crock of crud, you are only putting a puma engine in a car, it’s not like you just bought a Ferrari. Some times it is hard to believe these insurance companies are for real.

I can remember when I was about 19 and I wanted to buy a vauxhall corsa 1.6 gsi 16v, they never refused to give me insurance they just quoted an excessively high priced premium which was around £3000. 

I wander if they would have insured you if you had just bought a puma instead of transplanting the engine🤔

the thing is, i can easily get insured on just a puma which is so stupid 😂 but ive heard good things about adrian flux so need to get a quote from them at some point. As much as it woulda made more sense just to buy a puma, i just like the hatch body of the fez over the coupe. I checked a modified insurance comparitive site and lowest i could get was 1.5k for the year.

I've not long bought a hornet back box off eBay, it's blooming loud!

Needless to say that I am now in the doghouse because the wife says she will never be able to drive it 😁

I think I am going to soundproof the boot for my own sanity lol.

I've also had a pipercross remote air filter come for a snip of the original price... 

The catch is that it is for a 1.3 KA, I will adapt to fit. Burton power are selling them off for £30 (originally£91)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 

Been a little while since I've been on, so just thought I'd update you all on what's been happening and on progress.

To start with, I just came out of hospital a few days ago from a surgery so recovering from that has put everything on hold for the time being until I'm able to get outside and back in the garage without any pain.

Before going into hospital, I managed to fit the MSD coilpack but the leads seem wayyyyy too long for the engine even though they're supposedly made for the puma engine 😕.

I've had a go at changing the crank seal but ripped the seal so old one has gone back on for now until the new one arrives next week.

I test fitted the new lightened flywheel, which fits perfectly and does up with no problems, so that's all good to go! Next thing to do now is to fit the new clutch and we should be ready for the engine to be fitted!

I did manage to take off the rocker cover which I've started cleaning up ready for painting (decided to go for a fresh coat of matte silver just to freshen it up) and that just needs a new seal.

Looking at the cams, they look in very good condition which is a massive bonus and means the engine has been looked after.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got the flywheel and clutch on today, what do you guys think of my first attempt at the clutch alignment? not sure if im happy with it tbh 🤔

fd485e9f-5441-47a4-963f-b49dff1ae005.jpg

85d30085-3d93-498b-887d-534f6602ba7e.jpg

On 4/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, sleepyhimiko said:

Got the flywheel and clutch on today, what do you guys think of my first attempt at the clutch alignment? not sure if im happy with it tbh 🤔

Surely it fits where it fits?

Just now, cooperscooter
On 4/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, sleepyhimiko said:

Surely it fits where it fits?

thats what i thought! i've aligned it as best i can. I'm having a hard time finding the engine number