My MK4 Fiesta - Puma Conversion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new t shirt my misses got me haha 😂 think it mite be a hint lol 😂

Or just fit them reversed back to front be different?

may go for venom then, it's a bit cheaper than the other places selling it

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

Had a bit of a struggle with the door cards guys, dont think they'll be going on :((

d9a8c7bb-9993-4514-82c5-b0ea934700c0.jpg

OH no, that is a shame. Can you not get some speaker adapters? Something like the image below?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a4237cd817e061b0d33d7431053ef336.jpg

You could possibly make your own thing also, with wood perhaps and paint it. There are sure to be many different types, and sizes out there if you chose to buy some.

You can also buy 6x9 adaptors. I guess the thickness of the adaptor would be bigger for deeper seated Speakers.

1744503282_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.17a72d4c51fc867f83e2aff3ab4d610e.jpg

Or you could always just put bigger Speakers in the back and get a set of tweeks for the front . Those race cards do look like a nightmare too fit. But if it was easy everybody would be doing it keep the head up mate sure you will find away

5 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

may have a look into reupholstering the originals and making them a black interior to match the bucket seats i've put in. Would be a lot of work but all worth it and looking mint in the end

It would be a shame not to put the door cards to good use, especially as you already bought them. How big were the Speakers you were installing?

Car is away to the performance garage new Valves and pistons getting dropped in new gasket and timing kit probably get it back in a week or so pick up in a truck cause of COVID lol 😂 well suppose I’ll clean the eco sport out been neglected last month lol probably have the only car in the U.K. with travelling rats haha 😂

11 hours ago, Chaz84 said:

Car is away to the performance garage new Valves and pistons getting dropped in new gasket and timing kit probably get it back in a week or so pick up in a truck cause of COVID lol 😂 well suppose I’ll clean the eco sport out been neglected last month lol probably have the only car in the U.K. with travelling rats haha 😂

Just out of interest how much is all that work gonna cost?

I was going to look into forged pistons and rods for myself along with cams etc, and needed a reference price to go by. 

600 for the labour coast alone the engine was losing compression so mite be bit more find out on Monday before thy start it all needed new valves the old one popped und the new power but thy are throwing in a free timing kit and filters so something at least lol 😂

Yeah it’s a tone a been on furlong for 3 months 😭but needs must hopefully my misses will help me out lol probably nope 👎 😂 don’t get me wrong if a would have been at work a wouldt have all this done yeah st150 power mods are a ridiculous amount of cash a thought the st225 were bad for it a mean a intake manifold is like 959 + a know there are copies out there but the quality won’t be as good

Morning Guys!

Payday finally rolled around so it's time to get ordering parts for the engine! Clutch is in the basket and waiting but having an issue buying the MSD ignition pack :(( doesn't seem to be an option to buy from pumaspeed anymore so i'm stuck on where to get the full kit. I'm able to buy just the little block but not the leads with it. please help 🤣

2139573567_Screenshot2021-02-26103902.thumb.png.3d7eaa13d0cef5c7cfbeac00ea46cdde.png

9 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

Morning Guys!

Payday finally rolled around so it's time to get ordering parts for the engine! Clutch is in the basket and waiting but having an issue buying the MSD ignition pack :(( doesn't seem to be an option to buy from pumaspeed anymore so i'm stuck on where to get the full kit. I'm able to buy just the little block but not the leads with it. please help 🤣

2139573567_Screenshot2021-02-26103902.thumb.png.3d7eaa13d0cef5c7cfbeac00ea46cdde.png

Remember what I was saying buddy, with the leads? You may need to order a custom set. I am not particularly familiar with the original coil leads for the puma, it may be a case that the coil plugs are just the push in type instead of the clip on type that the MSD coil needs. I'll have a quick look for you. I do have a set of leads here that came with my MSD coil but I can't say that the plug boots will be the right length. If you measure the spark boots, and post a pic with measurements I can post these to you if you like, I am not using them.

I did a quick check around net and can't seem to find anywhere that sells this MSD 8241 coil with the leads for a puma. It seems you will need a custom set perhaps. Have you tried sending a message to pumaspeed and enquire whether they are able to supply with the leads? They actually do get back to you fairly quickly, alternatively you could give them a ring.

If they cannot supply them, I would highly recommend magnacore uk. I had a quick look on there site for puma leads and there is two types for puma, but the issue with some ford leads is the boot types as ford had a habit of using multiple types in their engines. There was a generation 1, 2 & 3 for the, "sealing", spark plug end type boots, which is what your engine will need, and a 1st and 2nd generation coil pack plug: The MSD will need the 1st generation one.

Check page 3 in the link below to see what I mean. 

PXL Retail Cat 2021.xlsx (magnecor.co.uk)

If you need to order a custom set, which may be likely you will need this form to fill out and email back to magnacore of them to review. It will be a case of getting a puma ignition lead, and measuring the spark plug boot, then putting that into the form, and then ticking the 1st generation coil pack type, and then measuring how long you need the leads to be taking into account any extra lengths needed if the coil pack will be in a different orientation to the OE.

1752424275_Screenshot(3).thumb.jpg.ec2fedf401b0208f4e26ba958e93e4bd.jpg

As I said before I really do not mind sending you the ignition leads that came with my MSD coil pack if it comes to that.

IMG_3110.thumb.JPG.a4d05ba7d8043ad4f95851969c1bb62d.JPG