Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing dashcam

Andyr55
聽Share

I am in process of buying a new car. Asked my dealer (trustford) if they can transfer the dashcam to the new car.

2 hours labour 拢300 ,!! 馃槨

answer appears to be to buy a new dashcam at Halfords fitted 拢120.

• Sad 2

拢300 for 2 hours labour at Ford?聽 Sure you didn't accidentally walk into a BMW dealership?聽:ermm: 馃槷

Is it front only or front & rear?聽 If it's front only I'm sure you could do it yourself in half an hour!

• Like 2

They should be able to do it for free as part of the deal. It costs them literally nothing at all to do, and if it takes them 2 hours to do then their guys must be incompetent.

• Like 3

I鈥檝e given up the dealer!

can any of you experts confirm if the fuse box is the same on the mild hybrid focus than non hybrid?

im going to take the dashcam to Halfords and get then to fit.

as always assistance appreciated

2 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

im going to take the dashcam to Halfords and get then to fit.

If Halfords are fitting it, surely that's their problem? 馃ぃ

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

thanks for not helping.....................

You're welcome buddy, always a pleasure...

• Haha 2

Why not remove and fit it yourself? Save you 拢100 buying a new dashcam for the sake of routing a cable down to the passenger fusebox...

On 1/21/2021 at 9:40 AM, Andyr55 said:

I am in process of buying a new car. Asked my dealer (trustford) if they can transfer the dashcam to the new car.

2 hours labour 拢300 ,!! 馃槨

answer appears to be to buy a new dashcam at Halfords fitted 拢120.

Unless I was getting an amazing deal I'd just tell the farrrrrrk off and go elsewhere, anyone would think they didn't want the business!

• Like 1

I have all the attachments and the dashcam, will just need to extension kit and the cost of Halford fitting.

So... can anyone confirm if the fuse box etc is the same on the Mild Hybrid as the standard Mk Focus?

• Confused 1

I have all the attachments and the dashcam, will just need to extension kit and the cost of Halford fitting.

So... can anyone confirm if the fuse box etc is the same on the Mild Hybrid as the standard Mk Focus?

I don't see why they wouldn't be the same. There's always loads of spare ways for them to add to.

As said above though, if you're paying Halfords to fit it, then it's up to them to find a suitable fuse to tap off...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

As said above though, if you're paying Halfords to fit it, then it's up to them to find a suitable fuse to tap off...

Oh dear Luke, you do realise you are being 'not helpful'? LOL 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

I wish I hadn鈥檛 asked,!

as the mild hybrid has a battery under passenger seat, my quest was about the placement of the fuse box.

thanks for your input.

I wish I hadn鈥檛 asked,!

The thing is, that 1st you got a quote from your Ford dealer to do the work, then you stated that you decided in the end to get Halfords to do it.

We simply can't understand why you need to know the info considering you are not doing the work - surely that's what you are paying them money for? Now, if you've changed your mind and are going to do it yourself, well, that's different...

• Like 1

I have to agree with @StephenFord聽on this one. If you had been doing the work yourself then people would probably have gone out of their way to try and find out for you. The fact that ford or halfrauds are going to do the job means that you don't need to worry about these things, and you can very easily check the location when the car arrives.

to try and answer your question the best I can, I would imagine the fuse box will be in the same location as any MK4. My reasoning behind this is purely down to cost. Ford Focus wiring looms will all be the same length cut from the same machine template, same as the securing brackets for the box itself. If they move the box then they need a new machine press to manufacture a new different shapes box, new brackets, new wiring looms. Wiring channels will need to be researched so that they don't foul anything etc. That's just my guess, as we all know any manufacturer will try to keep costs down.聽

I hope this helps, no one here tries to be obstructive, we all have a common goal and interest.聽

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

I wish I hadn鈥檛 asked,!

as the mild hybrid has a battery under passenger seat, my quest was about the placement of the fuse box.

thanks for your input.

It would've helped if you'd said exactly that earlier.聽 I thought you were asking about the fuse layout/numbers.聽 The fusebox is in the same location on both cars.聽聽

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It would've helped if you'd said exactly that earlier.聽 I thought you were asking about the fuse layout/numbers.聽 The fusebox is in the same location on both cars.聽聽

I thought he was asking for specific fuse locations too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That鈥檚 why I asked for the location of the FUSE BOX,!

Anyway resolved. Thanks

8 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

That鈥檚 why I asked for the location of the FUSE BOX,!

Anyway resolved. Thanks

You didn't ask for the聽location at all, that's the issue... :tongue::laugh:

On 1/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, Andyr55 said:

can any of you experts confirm if the fuse box is the same on the mild hybrid focus than non hybrid?

On 1/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, Andyr55 said:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club