Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coil Spring Replacement - 56 Plate Zetec S

BEN-C93

Hi All

Need to get front coils replaced on my 56 plate Zetec S as the front-right spring has sheared (quelle surprise?) 

Just wanted to get an estimate for parts and labour so I can make sure I'm not being seen off? EuroCarParts seems to show a spring at £80 for a Zetec S, but no idea how much labour time will go into this?

There's no signs of any other visible damage - both wheel and tyre look okay as does the brake line.

Luckily I'm furloughed and I've no hurry to be anywhere so I can shop about a bit - but I want to know what would be a good price vs what would really be taking the *****. 

Also how much extra would it be to be towed if they are doing work? I've got green flag but I don't really want to inflate the premium

Thanks!

I tend to quote for spring and drop link as it’s much less hassle to chop the link off and replace than it is to mess around with it.

to do spring and drop link I’d estimate £100-£120 depending on your local labour rate. Parts should be around £50

Add on wheel alignment if you do wish although most don’t. 

1 minute ago, stef123 said:

I tend to quote for spring and drop link as it’s much less hassle to chop the link off and replace than it is to mess around with it.

to do spring and drop link I’d estimate £100-£120 depending on your local labour rate. Parts should be around £50

Add on wheel alignment if you do wish although most don’t. 

Thanks for this and such a quick reply! - the idea of doing the drop link as well didn't really occur to me. Makes total sense. 

This is great info and figures to go forward with. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club