Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Has Anyone used Racechip?

Matthew McGuinness

Hi,

I'm thinking of using Racechipto remap my fiesta.

Has anyone had experience with them before? are they good.

They say that I can remove the RaceChip before a service and it would be virtually impossible to tell that the car has had a remap on it. But i'm not too sure.

A wouldn’t use a race chip in my opinion thy don’t provide much or any extra hp. Not too sure on the bluefin plug in stuff but for the price you mite as well just get new cams some real power mods .

• Like 1

I've no plans to mod my car but often look at what's available just out of interest.

If I recall, Racechip claim increases of around 25-40 hp for £120-350 or so depending on version, not seen any comments by members on this site though. There are a lot of good reviews (and a few bad) on Trustpilot fwiw. These sort of boxes used to be very popular a few years ago as you could take them off before service as you mention, without them throwing up a marker on the cars system, so couldn't be spotted. I have an idea this may no longer be the case, though.

Superchips claim an increase to 163bhp for about £350, quite a few members have used them and seem happy with the results.

Can't see why you would need to get into the work and expense of swapping cams on a turbo, unless you were looking for some very serious horsepower indeed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Superchips claim an increase to 163bhp for about £350, quite a few members have used them and seem happy with the results

I have seen this, with about 50nm torque upgrade. Potentially would be looking more at this now. I've sent them an email to check its compatible with euro 6.2 fiestas.

45 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I have seen this, with about 50nm torque upgrade. Potentially would be looking more at this now. I've sent them an email to check its compatible with euro 6.2 fiestas.

My Wi-Fi crashed for some reason earlier.

I was going to also mention Quantum, who do something similar, around 155ps, I think. I've seen the odd positive reviews on here. My local garage are agents for them. They seem to rate them (they would, of course!), but I've used them to service my Mrs's car for some years and found them very honest and competent, so no reason to doubt them. One of the partners has had his Audi A4 3.0TDI remapped to 300ps or so, so he must have confidence in them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My Wi-Fi crashed for some reason earlier.

I was going to also mention Quantum, who do something similar, around 155ps, I think. I've seen the odd positive reviews on here. My local garage are agents for them. They seem to rate them (they would, of course!), but I've used them to service my Mrs's car for some years and found them very honest and competent, so no reason to doubt them. One of the partners has had his Audi A4 3.0TDI remapped to 300ps or so, so he must have confidence in them.

Thanks for info. Think I will keep looking around for a bit. Think I might leave it until I only have a couple months of ford warranty left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Think I might leave it until I only have a couple months of ford warranty left.

Coincidentally just come off the phone from booking mine in for it's 3rd year check/first mot - how time flies!😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Coincidentally just come off the phone from booking mine in for it's 3rd year check/first mot - how time flies!😀

Madness, Im 1 year and 4 months in. done just over 10,000 miles, didn't even get offered a 1st year check haha.

• Haha 1

Lol. Presumably you weren't bothered about the breakdown cover that comes with the convenience check?

Mine's only just clicked over 12k in 3 years, for various reasons, including multiple lockdown this year of course. Lowest mileage I've ever done in a car!😀

• Like 1

Hahaha nope. Just added mine onto my parents breakdown policy 🤣.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club