Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Puma 155 vs 125 - Is it just the map?

afrocleland

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I found nothing searching.

I'm looking at leasing a new Puma ST-Line and I've found a great deal on the 125 variant. Having researched online a little, I see a lot of remaps available to get it uptown 155 (even 165). Is there any actual difference between the 125 and 155 engines other than the ECU? I had the Fiesta Zetec S Red a few years back and loved it.

Cheers!

155 has a bigger turbo as far as I know.  Not sure about any other differences though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

155 has a bigger turbo as far as I know. 

Yes, Certainly seen references to bigger turbo on the 155 version of the Fiesta which presumably must apply to the Puma and Focus also. I've not seen anything about other changes either - the 140 had different head gasket and overall gearing, for example, compared to the 125.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, afrocleland said:

I'm looking at leasing a new Puma ST-Line and I've found a great deal on the 125 variant. Having researched online a little, I see a lot of remaps available to get it uptown 155 (even 165). Is there any actual difference between the 125 and 155 engines other than the ECU? I had the Fiesta Zetec S Red a few years back and loved it.

Cheers!

Hi afrocleland

Can i ask what sort of lease deal you"re looking at as i,m also looking for a similar model but unsure as to which lease company to go with.

cheers

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, afrocleland said:

Cheers!

I know the hybrid Pumas have a bigger turbo cause the electric motor eliminates the extra lag the bigger turbo would produce, when you mean the 125hp Puma, do you mean with the hybrid motor or without? Cause they sell two variants.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club