Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind deflectors MK4

Giannis82

Hi everyone. Yesterday, i installed climair wind deflectors on my mk4 st-line, at a ford dealership. One thing is they took the mirrors off to install them. I guess it's easier that way. But I am not sure if the deflectors are fitted properly on my car. I post some pictures and if anyone that already fitted them can let me know if they are ok. Thank you in advance. I apologise for my English, it is not my first language. 

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

• Like 1

Mirrors look OK from your pictures but the dealers are idiots if they took them off. If you follow the Climair instructions properly there's no need to take off the Mirrors.

• Like 4

I agree with you completely. Are the deflectors installed ok? 

15 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Mirrors look OK from your pictures but the dealers are idiots if they took them off. If you follow the Climair instructions properly there's no need to take off the Mirrors.

Well said, who could be *rsed taking off mirrors to fit deflectors, makes as much sense as removing all 4 wheels prior to fitting!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Is that bend around the mirrors normal?  Doesn't look right but I haven't seen any other deflectors on a Mk4 so far.  There was no bend on my Mk2 with powerfold mirrors.

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that bend around the mirrors normal?  Doesn't look right but I haven't seen any other deflectors on a Mk4 so far.  There was no bend on my Mk2 with powerfold mirrors.

You're correct there is a bend but it should sit inside the rubber seal if fitted correctly. I remember I had 2 goes at it before I got it right but its not that difficult.

• Like 2

So you think the deflectors should be refitted?

I have fitted 3 sets of deflectors to 3 different cars, I genuinely do not know how you can incorrectly fit them. As long as you clean the runner channel (with some alcohol) to make sure it is grease free, do it in warm temperature so that any adhesive tape on the deflector has a fighting chance (if cold, a hair dryer is useful), and you employ the provided clips adequately to each deflector. Once fitted, they shouldn't budge... I know this video is for Heko, but it's the same principal...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Giannis82 said:

So you think the deflectors should be refitted?

Yes they are not correct. The section behind the mirror should be fitted first so the curved piece that is sticking out on yours is tucked in behind the rubber seal .It allows the mirror fold tight against the door. Then the deflector should be bent outwards slightly along its length to allow the other end and the top to be fitted into the rubber. The dealer has not followed the instructions which is why you can see that curved piece sticking out and removing the mirror may actually have made it more difficult.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

Yes they are not correct.

I stand corrected LOL Apparently it is possible to fit wind deflectors incorrectly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never seen the point in wind deflectors apart from flicking the ash off a cigarette. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Never seen the point in wind deflectors apart from flicking the ash off a cigarette. 

Exactly why they're useful  😂.

Oh aye, they definitely aren't on correctly.

• Like 2

Went at the dealership yesterday. They insisted this is the way they fit so I took them off. Also the one on the passengers side made a cracking sound every time the window opened. I will take a look at HEKO deflectors. Thank you all for your replies. 

• 6 months later...

which deflectors did any of you buy please, checked the ford webpage and they all say may be compatible not are compatible, thank you

It all looks as it should. Does everything work as it should after the install?  But the removal of the mirrors is not really necessary. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

These look fine to me.  The curved bit is supposed to stick out and it says so in the instructions.  If you put it behind the rubber seal it starts to pull the seal out.  The curve actually fits around the powerfold mirrors.

No idea why they felt the need to take the mirrors off though!

IMG_2588.jpeg

edit: only replied to this as it’s the first thread that comes up about fitting mk4 wind deflectors on Google. To clarify, Climair wind deflectors are different to the likes of team heko and others as they don’t require adhesive or clips.  The tab over the window seal helps them stay in.  

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club