Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puddle Lamp not working

Paulius55

I have just started using Forscan on my 2018 S-Max (as a result of the Screen heater issue in another topic) and of course did a scan for DTCs  One particular one comes up B1165 Left Front Puddle Lamp - circuit short to battery or circuit open to battery - passenger door control. Lo and behold, the left puddle lamp is not working, but I had not noticed it before. There is no mention of it in the handbook and I am not sure if it is incandescent or LED. It is a very yellow light but that doesn't rule out LED. Is there an easy way into the mirror? Or any way to check the lamp? Has anyone else had a similar problem and solved it?

Looks like you can pop it out from the bottom of the mirror. There’s two notches, one on the light and the other on mirror. 

On mine there are no notches, just a circular diffuser. I will wait until it warms up before I investigate.

Well there are notches and it does pop out. It is a sealed LED unit that is non-functional so I have ordered a pair from amazon - hopefully all will be well.

Hopefully your new ones are a bit brighter. The std ones are shockingly dull, for a puddle light. 

The new ones fit perfectly and are very bright and white, all is well in the puddling world.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club