Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird battery info symbol

Franski

Hi folks looking for a bit of help as I cant find this symbol anywhere. 

Just acquired a 70 plate fiesta trend 1.0 litre EcoBoost. Today this weird battery symbol appeared on my dashboard. It's not on dashboard panel as such but in the information display. Its also not a car battery symbol but a normal battery aa type. 

Anyone know ? Its driving me insane . Only pops up intermittently but every few minutes or so. 

This is the symbol .

Also one below has been showing up too. 

No idea .

20210123_143713.jpg

20210123_143647.jpg

These are showing either charging or using the hybrid battery.  You will notice the battery when you slow down and the wheel when you accelerated.

• Confused 1

Right odd question. Do I have a hybrid battery and if so what is it. I know I'm sorry but I'm truly clueless 😂

36 minutes ago, Franski said:

Right odd question. Do I have a hybrid battery and if so what is it. I know I'm sorry but I'm truly clueless 😂

Your car must be one of the latest MHEV 1.0 EcoBoosts.  They come in either 125bhp or 155bhp.  Probably has a 'hybrid' badge on the boot too lol...

It uses a larger generator instead of an alternator, plus an additional 48v battery.  You don't have to drive any differently and it doesn't need plugging in.  Just helps lower emissions really.

• Like 1

Phew. Thank you lol. I was panicking as i couldn't find out what they meant. I kinda guessed it was an info thing as it didn't look like warning light. 

Appreciate your help guys. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thank goodness for this post. Picked up my 2020 EcoBoost earlier this week and these symbols were worrying me too. This was the only place I’ve found the answer. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, Franski said:

This is the symbol .

Also one below has been showing up too. 

No idea .

20210123_143713.jpg

20210123_143647.jpg

Hi Franski I have just bought the same model as you. How did you get those photos? I keep seeing a symbol on the display that only appears when I'm driving so I don't know how to capture it. I've searched the online manual but can't see it. Incidentally I was quite flabbergasted when my salesman told me I wouldn't get a written manual as they don't make them any more! There's so many buttons and I have no idea what half off them do!

• Sad 1

You could of course just read the post immediately above yours which answers both of the questions 🤔

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alongside these symbols, has anyone else notice a foot on pedal symbol that comes up and does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,

48 minutes ago, Sarah87 said:

Alongside these symbols, has anyone else notice a foot on pedal symbol that comes up and does anyone know what it is?

Thanks,

This one? Found this in the manual available online, I wonder who feels less appreciated for their work, the people who fit indicators to BMWs or the people who write owners manuals, lol

B000F947-177C-4D6A-BBB9-C322F8ED6E30.jpeg

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club