Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit connect issue

Poweron

Hi people 

Can anyone help with my little problem?

My 2014 connect has just had a head skimmed and refitted due to it overheating  the problem I have now is that the temperature sits at normal running temperature then all of a sudden it drops to the first mark on the gauge.

At first I thought it was a faulty gauge or sender unit but I noticed that the heater would blow hot when normal running then cold when it dropped, 

Anyone got any idea?

sounds like thermostat is going to full flow before van coolant is hot enough. Because electrics are contained within integrated housing on yours I can't see how you can  test it in a pan of water but I'm sure you could get it tested. I can't think of anything else that could cause these symptoms.

After checking electrical connections. I'd probably replace it (If you're doing it yourself it would probably be cheaper than testing it). if only to eliminate it from my enquiries.

You can get them off eBay for 20 odd quid (check for your engine) Yes they're cheapies but if they cure it for a bit you'll know what the trouble was.

Before that happens hopefully someone on here will know of a common cheap solution or home test method. good luck

Changed thermostat still same pressure tested all good. I am thinking of we buy any car

On 1/24/2021 at 2:31 PM, Poweron said:

Hi people 

Can anyone help with my little problem?

My 2014 connect has just had a head skimmed and refitted due to it overheating  the problem I have now is that the temperature sits at normal running temperature then all of a sudden it drops to the first mark on the gauge.

At first I thought it was a faulty gauge or sender unit but I noticed that the heater would blow hot when normal running then cold when it dropped, 

Anyone got any idea?

Possible water pump or air lock

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club