Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clock and Trip keep resetting after new Starter motor?

_Paul_

Can anyone help?,

A lady friend of mine has a 2007 Fiesta Zetec Climate automatic and had the starter motor replaced a little over a week ago, since then every time she starts the car the Clock reverts to 11:00 and the trip meter resets? she also had to enter the radio code when she got the car back from the garage.

She's managed to get the radio working and that seems fine it's the clock and trip that wont stay set? we both went through the handbooks and set the clock as per spec but it wont keep the time we input I couldn't see anything about resetting the trip. 

What am I doing wrong? or does the car need some kind of dealer/factory "reset" after having the battery disconnected?

Any and all help gratefully received.

Paul

How did you set the time?

The best way is to turn the key as far as it will go without starting the engine, then go to menu on the trip computer and set the time and date from there. Any other method can result in the time resetting everytime.

Thanks for the quick response, we set the time using the radio clock button, is there another method?

40 minutes ago, _Paul_ said:

Thanks for the quick response, we set the time using the radio clock button, is there another method?

Yes, the method I just mentioned above...

34 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Yes, the method I just mentioned above...

It's not my car the lady has asked me to help her out, how do you access the trip computer menu? is there a foolproof step by step guide, a dummys guide or a video perhaps?

Regards Paul

It's just the scroll wheel on the indicator stalk (what you use to scroll between average MPG, live MPG, temperature etc). Just scroll till you get to "enter menu" and find time and date.

It should be blindingly obvious, I don't really know how I could word it any simpler.

Has she got a vehicle handbook ?  That should tell you how to set the time, which on a 2007 Fiesta, I think, is only set from the radio.  Trip is from the stalk.

If the Radio keeps losing time every time you switch off the ignition, then there is a permanent fuse to the radio.  If it only loses time when you crank the engine, then I might suspect an earth some where.....

45 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Has she got a vehicle handbook ?  That should tell you how to set the time, which on a 2007 Fiesta, I think, is only set from the radio.  Trip is from the stalk.

If the Radio keeps losing time every time you switch off the ignition, then there is a permanent fuse to the radio.  If it only loses time when you crank the engine, then I might suspect an earth some where.....

She has a handbook and has set the time on the radio many times but to no avail, the radio keeps its channels and doesn't ask for a code so must be connected to live?

@Luke Thanks but her stalk doesn't have seem to have a scroll wheel just a re/set button...

Is the radio a Visteon or a Sony ?

The Visteon in our 2007 Fiesta keeps time, but the Sony 6CD in the 2008 Focus frequently displays wrong time and date ?

I cannot see an obvious link between Trip and Time,but I might consider disconnecting the battery, leaving it for 20 minutes, and then reconnecting.

12 hours ago, Paulkp said:

Is the radio a Visteon or a Sony ?

The Visteon in our 2007 Fiesta keeps time, but the Sony 6CD in the 2008 Focus frequently displays wrong time and date ?

I cannot see an obvious link between Trip and Time,but I might consider disconnecting the battery, leaving it for 20 minutes, and then reconnecting.

Thanks Paulkp, It's a Ford 6000CD, from what I have read so far there doesn't seem to be a settings link between the Time & the Trip.

She has also said some of the cars other "courtesy" functions have started performing a little "strangely", I think you're right it sounds like it needs some kind of complete reset.

I think she needs to take it back to the chap that fitted the starter as it appears the problems only manifested themselves after that, I really am loathe to tinker with it and possibly push the flaky electrics to the point where they may not function at all, plus having had someone else work on it she will then have no recourse with the starter motor fitter.

Regards Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club