Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 parking lights?

sierra3dr

Hello all,

I hope you are all coping well with these lockdowns.  My question is in reference to the parking lights that I've started to use whilst my car is parked on a not so great lighting  A road outside work. I thought parking lights leave just the off-side rear and front on? On mine,all are on.

thanks

Paul

The indicator stalk selects which side comes on

• Like 1

Yep...you don't actually turn your side lights on...after switching off the ignition, just use your indicator stalk to switch on whichever side you want to illuminate 👍

Thankyou Pete and Phil. So,I shouldn't be turning the lights switch to "park",I just use the indicator stalk to activate the parking lights?

On modern fords you use the indicator switch to select which side you wish to illuminate. On my old MK2 Focus (and I presume the MK1 will be similar) you push the headlight switch in and turn it to the left. This illuminated both sides on my MK2 which is normal behaviour.

• Like 1

Apologies...mine is the Mk3.5, wasn't aware that the Mk1 and Mk2 were different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

Apologies...mine is the Mk3.5, wasn't aware that the Mk1 and Mk2 were different.

Tbf most cars I’ve had driven have done it with the indicator stalk, my old MK2 is the only ones that’s done it like that.

• Like 1

Well,I test cased the parking lights,all four corners stayed on for 10 hours whilst I'm at work until 00;30am and the Focus started up expecting a drained the battery. I did bring another battery as backup. Using the indicator up,didn't alter the lights,all four are on.

6 hours ago, sierra3dr said:

Well,I test cased the parking lights,all four corners stayed on for 10 hours whilst I'm at work until 00;30am and the Focus started up expecting a drained the battery. I did bring another battery as backup. Using the indicator up,didn't alter the lights,all four are on.

I can confirm that both nearside and offside lights come on in parking mode👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club