Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Smell when under load

Gramthy

Hi Everyone 

New here. I've just got a Ford Transit Courier 2016 35000 miles which I believe is based on the Fiesta.

A couple of times I've noticed when I pull up a steep gradient especially in reverse, I get a horrible smell from the ventilation.

At first it smelt like burning leaves, this morning like burning cabbage!

It's really wierd.

Apart from that it runs fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Clutch slipping I would guess. I get the same if I reverse up a steep gradient in the Fiesta without fully releasing the clutch. Just release the clutch fully when going up steep hills (unless of course this isn’t the problem and I’m just lecturing you but I’m 99% certain). If it doesn’t happen when motoring normally, this would be the most likely option.

Hey thanks for that. I do tend to release the clutch very slowly scared of stalling it. I'll release it fully and try using my right foot a bit more!

It doesn't happen when motoring normally it pulls really well. It's just from a standing start I get the problem.

18 hours ago, Gramthy said:

Hey thanks for that. I do tend to release the clutch very slowly scared of stalling it. I'll release it fully and try using my right foot a bit more!

It doesn't happen when motoring normally it pulls really well. It's just from a standing start I get the problem.

Just sounds like you are riding the clutch a bit too much from a stand still

Thanks for they help. I've only had it a short while I'm getting used to it slowly.

Anyone know about warning lights? Just this morning the Spanner and the oil Can lights came on.

I've checked the oil level and it's OK. Can you get the error codes by holding in the pedals and turning on the ignition like you can with the Vauxhall's?

Thanks

Gramthy

oil light might come on if the oil pump is failing so oil pressure is down.    I'd say get a cheap ODBC cable and forscan and try and read some codes.

1 hour ago, Gramthy said:

Can you get the error codes by holding in the pedals and turning on the ignition like you can with the Vauxhall's?

No...that resets the service reminder on Fords lol.

However, oil and spanner light is the service reminder...so remember that sequence if you do your own servicing. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Been doing some research and it seems it is not a warning about Low oil Pressure but a service reminder light is that correct?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramthy said:

Been doing some research and it seems it is not a warning about Low Oil Pressure but a service reminder light is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

I've reset it by holding down the Brake and Accelerator pedal while turning igintion to II.

It's just been serviced so I assume they forgot to change it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club