Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracking a Brand New car

Andyr55

any idea if there is a way to track a brand-new car (Ford Focus).

I would just be interested to follow the progress.

No.  :sad:  I'm waiting for mine too.  

Not sure if you're aware but the Focus factory (Saarlouis plant) is closed currently due to a microchip shortage.  It won't reopen until Feb 19th.  I can't see any new Focus's reaching the UK before mid March now myself.

Well my dealer was not aware 😡

they did give me middle to end of March for delivery anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

Well my dealer was not aware 😡

they did give me middle to end of March for delivery anyway.

My dealer haven't updated me either.  Last date I was given was end of Feb but I know that's not going to happen now.

Ford To Idle Saarlouis Assembly Plant Over Microchip Shortage (fordauthority.com)

I’m sure when I purchased my present car I was able to track it from factory to Uk, can’t for the life of me remember how, 😳

30 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

I’m sure when I purchased my present car I was able to track it from factory to Uk, can’t for the life of me remember how, 😳

Well I've been told by the salesman, Ford tech and current owners that it's not possible...and I can't find anything through ETIS or Google...

There is a US tracker, but it doesn't seem to work for UK cars.  My guess is either something to do with data protection, or maybe they think there'll be an Italian Job style heist if people know when the cars are being transported... 

Ford Vehicle Order Tracking

When I've bought new, dealer has always known when lts left the factory though

6 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

When I've bought new, dealer has always known when lts left the factory though

The salesmen know what stage it's at, but it's not on a system that any of us can access either as public or even as Ford techs.  So the only way you can track it is by pestering your salesman lol.  Not that there's any point even asking currently with the factory being closed.  I'd wait until at least the 20th of Feb when the factory reopens myself.

Yes I was planning on waiting until Saarlouis opens. Hopefully they will get existing orders out the door sharpish. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate that Saarlouis does not open until 19/2 but anyone had any indications from dealer when new cars will start arriving in UK?

Still heard nothing from my dealer.  Has yours even acknowledged the factory closure yet?

seemed to think there might be a parts shortage 😅 other than that no clue...

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club