Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Saarlouis Factory closed

Andyr55

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nearly as confusing as having two threads on the same topic at the same time lol.

Finally I have some good news!! The Dacia Sande...  No.  My Focus has been updated to 'Body Offline' which I believe means the shell has been welded together.  Next stage is paint, which usually occurs on the same day, but can't be sure in the current situation.  The factory is definitely open at least! :biggrin: 

Did you get info from your dealer? 

So mine will be two weeks away from the similar position in the factory, all things being equal....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Did you get info from your dealer? 

So mine will be two weeks away from the similar position in the factory, all things being equal....

Yes, direct from my salesman.

Build is only half the story though...I assume they won't send out trains or ships half loaded...so they might both end up arriving in the UK at the same time!

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes, direct from my salesman.

Build is only half the story though...I assume they won't send out trains or ships half loaded...so they might both end up arriving in the UK at the same time!

might do although I feel the number of orders between yours and mine will be sufficient for a few ships worth. The factory must be well behind on delivery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nearly as confusing as having two threads on the same topic at the same time lol.

Finally I have some good news!! The Dacia Sande...  No.  My Focus has been updated to 'Body Offline' which I believe means the shell has been welded together.  Next stage is paint, which usually occurs on the same day, but can't be sure in the current situation.  The factory is definitely open at least! :biggrin: 

What date did you place your order :)?

TomsFocus ordered 7 Jan I ordered 24 Jan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucasishere said:

What date did you place your order :)?

7th of Jan as above. 

But the car was already on order by my dealer before that.

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

7th of Jan as above. 

But the car was already on order by my dealer before that.

How long was it on order did you ever find out ?

6 minutes ago, Lucasishere said:

How long was it on order did you ever find out ?

No idea I'm afraid.  I didn't actually want a factory order but they hadn't built any in my spec so it was the only option.  

My order was supposed to be a piggyback on an existing dealer order but we shall see.....

On 3/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, TomsFocus said:

No idea I'm afraid.  I didn't actually want a factory order but they hadn't built any in my spec so it was the only option.  

any updates? my dealer is keeping head down....

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

any updates? my dealer is keeping head down....

I'm not expecting another update until next Weds.  Hopefully by then it will have been painted, assembled and awaiting transport.  

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not expecting another update until next Weds.  Hopefully by then it will have been painted, assembled and awaiting transport.  

great news

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

great news

Yep.  It should still be delivered before my circumstances deadline which is a huge relief tbh.  I couldn't find an alternative over the weekend.

It won't arrive before my current insurance runs out which is a bit annoying, but I have been offered a courtesy car for the period between the insurance ending and the Focus being available.  Not quite sure how it works but if it's totally free and they can offer a suitable car for my needs then I probably will go for that option.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep.  It should still be delivered before my circumstances deadline which is a huge relief tbh.  I couldn't find an alternative over the weekend.

It won't arrive before my current insurance runs out which is a bit annoying, but I have been offered a courtesy car for the period between the insurance ending and the Focus being available.  Not quite sure how it works but if it's totally free and they can offer a suitable car for my needs then I probably will go for that option.

Wonderful news

my dealer has just got back to me with ‘nothing to report’ so our cars will deffo not be arriving on the same boat😏

• Like 1

Nothing from my dealer....

when did you order ?

Mine was built on the 2nd and has been gate released today.  Guessing another few weeks shipping...

It is also listed on ETIS now. :smile: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Mine was built on the 2nd and has been gate released today.  Guessing another few weeks shipping...

Might arrive before 31st 😉

my dealer was probably right saying mine was due build middle of March. 

might arrive mid April 🤔

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

On the transporter yet? 

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

On the transporter yet? 

Lol, no idea!  I did ask if they could estimate a delivery date yet but said it's still too early so presumably trains and ferry's not booked yet.

I ordered December.... still not built. 🤬

My dealer says Focuses coming through on a regular basis so shouldn't be too long to wait now. Shows that the Fordauthority website isn't much of an authority! Shutdown another 5 weeks? Pfft!

And I've just seen a dealer demo model with the exact spec of mine but a few 100 miles on it for £2K less and I'm thinking, should I cancel the order?...... Hmm...... 🤔

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

And I've just seen a dealer demo model with the exact spec of mine but a few 100 miles on it for £2K less and I'm thinking, should I cancel the order?...... Hmm...... 🤔

There's a 3 month old dealer demo the same as mine online with over 1000 miles on it for £1.5k more!! :laugh: 

Are you buying outright instead of finance?

Finance all the way, baby!!!! 😝

With Ford offering zero% finance and £1000 off if you use PCP my dealer said I'd be crazy not to go for it.

Got the price down 15% on list after all the Ford deals were factored in so am still happy enough with the price.... just not the delivery time!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Finance all the way, baby!!!! 😝

With Ford offering zero% finance and £1000 off if you use PCP my dealer said I'd be crazy not to go for it.

Got the price down 15% on list after all the Ford deals were factored in so am still happy enough with the price.... just not the delivery time!

I always thought that even when the dealers offer these 0% finance deals the part of the interest they are losing out on is already factored into the price 🤔

Ford have just confirmed to me that factory orders take between 3/5month s to be delivered! 

sad times.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club