Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Saarlouis Factory closed

Andyr55

Mmmm £3k for what? 

everyone to there own...... titanium does me 

A fully loaded titx after paying for all the extras (I’ve not done the maths!) but must be more than a Vignale. Pretty sure there’s owners on here that added everything to their order for it to turn out the ST or Vignale were cheaper. £31k rings a bell (?)

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

A fully loaded titx after paying for all the extras (I’ve not done the maths!) but must be more than a Vignale. Pretty sure there’s owners on here that added everything to their order for it to turn out the ST or Vignale were cheaper. £31k rings a bell (?)

Fully loaded Titanium yeah, but Andy didn't fully load his.  There were more options available -

Adaptive LEDs - £1000

Panoramic roof - £995

HUD - £400

Heated steering wheel - £450

'Comfort' seats (no idea lol!?) - £300

Vingale is £29k RRP once you've added paint and and engine (£28k base)

Active Vignale is £29.5k with paint and engine.

Titanium is £25k with paint and engine (Vignales are cheaper to paint oddly!)

Titanium X is £26.5k with paint and engine.

ST is £34k with paint and engine. 

I don't think anyone's paying the full RRP though.  My AXVE total cost is less than the base price of the Titanium lol!  

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Mmmm £3k for what? 

everyone to there own...... titanium does me 

Full heated leathers, adaptive LEDs, exterior looks, wheels, suspension, HUD, heated wheel, charging pad.

It is a lot of extra kit and good value for money...but only worth it if you wanted those things! 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Vingale is £29k RRP once you've added paint and and engine (£28k base)

My stx was £27k !! I’m sure the Vignale was at least £31k at the time 🤔 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex.S said:

My stx was £27k !! I’m sure the Vignale was at least £31k at the time 🤔 

STLX is £28k with the same engine and paint as the others above.

Don't know about older prices - maybe the Vignale was too expensive and didn't get enough buyers?  What I find odd is that the Active Vignale comes with 'unique' suspension and styling (bumpers, wheels, etc), plus the panoramic roof...all for just £500 over the non-Active Vignale.  :unsure:

• Like 1

If anyone gets the nod from your dealer when things are moving please share. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex.S said:

Speaks for itself ....

AA51BE8E-2CB5-47A4-9633-943619B7DD60.png

Well at least they'll smell nice...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well at least they'll smell nice...

Delivery date yet Tom? 

• Sad 1

Just now, Alex.S said:

Delivery date yet Tom? 

Nothing so far. 

I don't like to be a nuisance though. @Andyr55 have you asked about yours?

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Nothing so far. 

Doesn't stop you normally!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, thought I would leave til end of the week, might have a build date by then 😏

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Delivery date yet Tom? 

4 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

No, thought I would leave til end of the week, might have a build date by then 😏

Just had an update on mine.  Ford 'anticipate' end of March due to Covid delays. 

Not sure what to do now as March 31st is my absolute deadline.  Due to the lack of clarity or any sort of tracking so far, I'm not sure I can trust them to deliver by the revised date.  However, I also don't know of another car I could choose instead.  :ermm:

Is that worse case scenario? COVID shouldn’t cause too much delay surely .... once it’s on the transporter it’s just about hands free.

fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Is that worse case scenario? COVID shouldn’t cause too much delay surely .... once it’s on the transporter it’s just about hands free.

fingers crossed.

Sounds like the vague 'end of March' is best case scenario reading between the lines.  

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like the vague 'end of March' is best case scenario reading between the lines.  

If it's about having no car after 31st March, the dealer may offer to provide a hire/loan car while you wait.

They are under no obligation to, but might be able to offer it, to keep the sale.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, TomsFocus said:

Nothing so far. 

My curiosity got the better of me and I have asked for an update from my dealer, will report back 😉

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, TomsFocus said:

Just had an update on mine.  Ford 'anticipate' end of March due to Covid delays. 

So has your dealer given you an actual build date? If it's 4-6 weeks from build to delivery on average then they should be building this week or next.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

So has your dealer given you an actual build date? 

No, I've asked them to let me know the build date as soon as they have it.

Hmm.... 🤨 If they haven't got the build date yet then I think a delivery by end of March is really pushing it. Not impossible but if you have a hard deadline of 31st March then maybe time for a plan B??? I was thinking a Mercedes A class if Ford don't pull through.

It is annoying that Ford couldn't have the foresight to stockpile and it will cost them $billions worldwide in lost revenue. This is one of those rare times the dealers are not to blame! .....although they could be more upfront with customers. Having said that, if they can't tell the difference between multi-link and torsion beam (and none of the dealers I spoke to did) then I guess it's too much to expect they'd realise Saarlouis was closed. 🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Hmm.... 🤨 If they haven't got the build date yet then I think a delivery by end of March is really pushing it. Not impossible but if you have a hard deadline of 31st March then maybe time for a plan B??? I was thinking a Mercedes A class if Ford don't pull through.

It is annoying that Ford couldn't have the foresight to stockpile and it will cost them $billions worldwide in lost revenue. This is one of those rare times the dealers are not to blame! .....although they could be more upfront with customers. Having said that, if they can't tell the difference between multi-link and torsion beam (and none of the dealers I spoke to did) then I guess it's too much to expect they'd realise Saarlouis was closed. 🙄

This is already plan C for me! :laugh: Plans A & B happened during December.

I specifically chose the Active because there isn't another car like it.  I need a very smooth ride due to health problems but don't want/can't afford or justify a proper SUV.  Helpfully, Autocar suggests the only alternative to a Focus Active is a Fiesta Active...err, ok then.

I've considered the Mazda CX30 (I think) but reviews suggest the ride on those is poor.  I'm all ears if you can think of anything similar though!  I'd never considered Mercedes...assumed them to be well out of budget.  Though I think they're generally more comfortable than BMW equivalents right?

I don't think my dealership really know what's going on tbh, they suggested the factory was still closed which I don't think it is.  And as you say, they didn't have a clue about multilink - I've already had to change my spec order after my own extensive checks using ETIS!  Saying that, I've also had various issues around spec with the 2 used cars I bought previously...salesmen/women don't seem to know what they're selling at all.

The chip shortage wasn't just Ford in fairness...but what's frustrating me the most is the lack of a public online tracker.  Ford know exactly where each car is in the process, it can't be difficult to take some of that info a place it into simple website showing where the car is, and an estimated build & delivery timescale.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

they didn't have a clue about multilink

The salesman I dealt with didn’t know what multi link was. Said “I don’t know , I just sell them” 

The craters of potholes in my local area make the torsion beam so obvious..mix that with the 18” low profile tyres ...

It’s a fkn embarrassment. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

...salesmen/women don't seem to know what they're selling at all.

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

The salesman I dealt with didn’t know what multi link was. Said “I don’t know , I just sell them” 

Common problem these days, it seems. I know I like to do a bit of research before actually going to look at a car, but it usually means I end up telling them about the car rather than the other way round (though they seem to know plenty about selling you GAP cover etc!).

I see that BMW now have "Product Geniuses" who are supposed to be able to tell you everything you want to know about a car without talking to a salesperson. I might put it to the test when we can return to wandering freely around dealerships😀.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club