Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Security Key/Nut

byronwells

Alright Peeps

I have just had Kwik Fit Mobile fitter out to put two new tyres on the front of the car.  However he has advised me that he can't do it due to the Wheel Security nut being damaged, completely sheered and that I need to contact Ford..   I have just phone several numbers for Ford and been passed around, tried parts like they don't do it, tried servicing and they don't do it anymore, now I need to contact another company called Mcguard

I need to know if there is a way that I can remove those nuts/bolts and get a complete brand new set than just the security key itself.  Maybe that will be cost effective.  

1 hour ago, byronwells said:

Alright Peeps

I have just had Kwik Fit Mobile fitter out to put two new tyres on the front of the car.  However he has advised me that he can't do it due to the Wheel Security nut being damaged, completely sheered and that I need to contact Ford..   I have just phone several numbers for Ford and been passed around, tried parts like they don't do it, tried servicing and they don't do it anymore, now I need to contact another company called Mcguard

I need to know if there is a way that I can remove those nuts/bolts and get a complete brand new set than just the security key itself.  Maybe that will be cost effective.  

McGard, yeah have a browse around and see what they can do.Have you tried a local garage to see if they can help with the damaged nut?👍

Is it cheaper just to get the security key part replaced or somehow remove those bolts and then replace the whole lot???

4 minutes ago, byronwells said:

Is it cheaper just to get the security key part replaced or somehow remove those bolts and then replace the whole lot???

5 minutes ago, byronwells said:

The wheel nut security key isn’t damaged?As I understand it you need to remove the damaged wheel nut👍

Sealey locking nut removal tool. 

I've come across an use once air compressed removal tool at some point but can't find the link.

27 minutes ago, williamweb said:

The wheel nut security key isn’t damaged?As I understand it you need to remove the damaged wheel nut👍

The wheel nut security key is the part that is damaged.. Not the actual nuts/bolt on the car..

1 minute ago, byronwells said:

The wheel nut security key is the part that is damaged.. Not the actual nuts/bolt on the car..

You can buy a new key from McGard but it's not cheap and takes days to arrive.

Sealey do a kit but it's very expensive.

Just go to your local garage and they'll remove the locking wheel nuts for you by either using their set of keys, or a more "forceful" method.

Once they're off throw them in the bin and fit standard Ford nuts. alloys are pretty worthless nowadays unless they're really special so they don't get stolen.

I ordered a new set of 4 wheel nuts to replace the locking ones on my car yesterday as Ford ones are quite soft and tend to either break on the nut or the locking key,

I don't think the locking nuts are of any use these days as if someone wants the wheels they'll just hammer a socket on to remove them or take the car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club