Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jumping Out Of Gear

standoff10

After a little advice please. I have a 2007 Ranger, 70,000 miles on clock and fully serviced.Recently it has started to jump out of fifth at about 70mph.Would appreciate any advice,cheers

• 3 weeks later...

After a little advice please. I have a 2007 Ranger, 70,000 miles on clock and fully serviced.Recently it has started to jump out of fifth at about 70mph.Would appreciate any advice,cheers

The problem could be related to several things, my friend had a similar problem with his '99 Volvo S40 in 4th gear at around 45-50mph (its caught me out a few times while Ive been driving it). It was solved with replacing a worn gearbox linkage. There are a number of things that it could be, mainly due to excessive wear of the gearbox components, although it could be down to a loose gear linkage that just needs tightening up (although they usually do that during the service process if it needs it). Furthermore does it pop out of gear when you lift off the accelerator or does it do it regardless? Here is a link with an answer to essentially the question you asked on wiki answers. I wish you the best of luck in solving this problem.

Regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club