Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK3 2012 - What Battery Sizes Can I Fit?

RPereira

Hi JPW,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the link.

I read that thread but unfortunately it does not indicate what are the possible battery sizes (Length x Width x Height) that can be fitted.

and what a b..t..d to get it in.

Are you saying that the maximum battery dimension that can fit in my Ford Focus MK3 2012 is Length 317mm, Width 175mm, Height 175mm?

if that is the dimensions on the battery i just told you about then yes.there is no more room width   height or length ways.  i can assure you it fits in the battery box like a glove

its not the size that counts its the power output. and this battery is powerfull

On 1/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, michaelburrows said:

if that is the dimensions on the battery i just told you about then yes.there is no more room width   height or length ways.  i can assure you it fits in the battery box like a glove

Can you please double-check your statement?
Are you referring to the same Focus as mine?
I will really appreciate your help!

I run a search in the Halfords website for my vehicle and did not return that Yuasa HSB110 battery but the Halfords EFB100.
It also seems that the Yuasa HSB110 is a convencional type of battery, so it is not applicable for a vehicle with Start-Stop has mine has.

I also could not find the Yuasa HSB110 in the Yuasa website, however the www.thebatteryshop.co.uk indicates that the Yuasa HSB110 is Yuasa YBX5110 and this is described in Yuasa's website. 
Nevertheless, running a search at Yuasa's website for my vehicle, it returned the Yuasa YBX7100, and this one is a EFB type that is suitable for Start-Stop.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, michaelburrows said:

its not the size that counts its the power output. and this battery is powerfull

I understand, however my question refers to the dimension of the battery.
The battery must fit in your vehicle.
It's interesting using the word 'size' while referring to Amperage. But I am referring to physical size, dimension. (how can I change the thread title?)
There are different types of battery technologies and they can have different dimensions.
For example if instead of an EFB battery you wanted an equivalent AGM, you must ensure that the AGM fits in the battery box.

The battery OEN for my vehicle is 1917575.
I run a online search for that OEN and I got two two different sizes sizes:

Length 278, Width 175, Height 175
Length 278, Width 206, Height 175

Why not just measure the black plastic box that the current battery sits in? So long as it fits in there, and the terminals are in the same place on the new battery, job done...

Be aware that the battery capacity is configured in the CCC (Central Car Configuration) and the direct configuration of the BCM. Installing a larger capacity battery only makes sense if the configurations are changed also.

When the configurations are not changed the BMS (battery Monitoring System) will handle the new larger capacity battery exactly the same as the smaller capacity original battery. As a result of this the new battery will not be charged properly and the life expectancy of the new battery will be affected significantly.

Now that you've said you have a Start/Stop battery, what's engine do you have, petrol or diesel, and what size?

Put your reg in the following link, and you'll get the correct suggested battery. Once you've measured your battery box, you'll also be able to see the largest size (physically) that can be fitted:

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/

you didnt specify whic 2012 mk3 focus you have.  mine is a 2.0 tdci without stop start.  i assume the battery boxes are all the same size on mk3s. mayb not.  i just told you about the yuasa battery that i had fitted to my car because you asked which size battery fits mk3 2012.   the battery i refered to does exist because i have it .  iif yours has stop start when you enter details for finding battery for youre car on Halfords website i dare say it will show the batterys available to suit youre particular car.  i can only say the battery i refered to was the battery that Halfords did for my particular car. and it fits as i say like a glove in the battery box   no room for a larger one.    thats not to say that there are more powerfull amperage batterys available of similar dimensions.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:11 PM, JW1982 said:

Be aware that the battery capacity is configured in the CCC

Thanks for that important information.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:48 PM, JPW said:

Why not just measure the black plastic box

Yes... but why some information is so difficult to get online, even Ford does not know...

On 1/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, YOG said:

what's engine do you have

On 1/31/2021 at 9:02 AM, michaelburrows said:

you didnt specify whic 2012 mk3 focus you have

I am so sorry, I completely forgot about the engine details:
Ford Focus, MK3, 1.0 Ecoboost, 2012, Petrol, 123BHP

On 1/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, YOG said:

Put your reg in the following link

Thanks for the link. It returned one result only:
027 or 027AGM
L242 W175 H190
Unfortunately the website asks if the result matches my current battery. So it does not know for sure...

On 1/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, michaelburrows said:

it fits in the battery box like a glove

On 1/31/2021 at 9:02 AM, michaelburrows said:

i assume the battery boxes are all the same size on mk3s. mayb not.

Hummm... I really would like to know that.
Your Yuasa HSB110 has the dimensions that follow:
L317 W175 H175
It is interesting to compare the Yuasa HSB110 dimensions with the OEM that I found for my vehicle:
L278 W175 H175
L278 W206 H175

I have the same 2012 Ecoboost 1.0 125. I will take a look at the battery I purchased last year (Duracell Stop/Start compatible) and post the link inc dimensions tomorrow...

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, JPW said:

I have the same 2012 Ecoboost 1.0 125. I will take a look at the battery I purchased last year (Duracell Stop/Start compatible) and post the link inc dimensions tomorrow...

Hi JPW,

I would be very grateful if you could provide me the details.

When I replaced the battery in my 2013 1.0 ecoboost focus I used a yuasa ybx7100 efb battery.

Dims of it are 278 X 175 X 175.