Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford fiesta damage

paulbrogden

Hello 
I would like some advise and support as I do not know how to handle this. A work colleague asked who owns this car on facebook and I contacted this person in private message she replied with (Yes so I've been told, I think my car might have kissed your car this morning..... Not sure?..... I've got no damage to my car, and couldn't see any new damage to yours, but I thought I should say...... So sorry)  
I then looked at my car and found damage on the drivers side front wheel arch . ( I can see white marks that goes over two panels.)
Location is a private car park a company one.

I think some one must have seen her do it that's why she put out a facebook post. I got a quote for £200 not much from a repair shop near me he did my last repair job. She is refusing to pay for this and claims this amount is too high and said she wants to get her own quotes she is very misguided as two recent quotes are around the £400 mark. The guy I talked to today was laughing saying the quote I got for £200 was a good offer he told me their is no way would you get any quotes lower than £200 as he would do it for £400. some people at work have said give her some time. But other colleagues have been telling me others have said dont pay him because its only paul after hearing this I felt very disrespected. I over herd this women talking to another women when I was in the same room in fact I was sat behind her. The conversation was all about dont do any thing until we can get the CCTV but I know the cctv will not show any thing but I did contact the manager and asked he request it in any case. I will update you on what I find out.

I am getting the feeling she will refuse to pay as any decent repair shop will be asking for £400 is going through her insurance my only option here? I have asked for her registration and insurance details but she has failed to provide it. I have managed to find out what car she has. When I looked at it I found marks on her rear passenger side wheel arch around the same Hight of my cars damage.

The last message I sent was I will give you 3 weeks to get your own quotes but I am thinking maybe that is too long.  Her messages feel very rude  Bassically saying in brief I am not going to pay £200 and I want to get my own quotes. I dont want some guy from a back street place to do a back job. 

What should I do I am left feeling disrespected she has a partner who works same place too he briefly talked to me and he said he believed me but I feel like their taking the !!!!!!.
What advise would you suggest I do? Am I taking this to heart to much thanks for your comments.  

I think you are taking it to heart to be honest. I'd be really angry that it had happened, but I wouldn't be bothered with what they were saying - that's a different issue. 

You've got a message saying that she hit your car, you've got photographic evidence to show that you have damage to your car which is consistent with the damage on her car. With that information I would be going to the police and reporting it 'for information only'. She left the scene, granted she made contact but she is failing to provide her details. You could get your insurance involved and they would come after her but it will cost you in the long run. 

She is entitled to get her own quotes for the work, as you said she won't get cheaper so she will end up going with your guy. If she provides quotes then it's just another admission of her guilt so let her do it. If she fails to come to an agreement that you are happy with then threaten her with court/insurance/police and hope she backs down. 

Giving her 3 weeks is longer than I would have done, I'd have given her a fortnight but in the current climate 3 weeks is fair. She has damaged your property so you are entitled to expect her to put it right.

Don't get weighed down with what she says or what others say, at the end of the day it's not personal she would probably be a ***** to anyone in your shoes. Keep Sher sweet until it's done and then take it form there.

is £200 asking to much for a paint job on this ?

It depends what the damage looks like, how deep it is etc.

However, £200 for any sort of re-spray sounds like mates rates, she'd be a bit daft not to accept that.

Screenshot the Facebook post and the message saying she's caused the damage incase she blocks you. At least then you can go through her insurance if things go a little ***** up. A picture of the damage on her car would make the case pretty water-tight too.

got both pics i just feel like she dont want to pay for a proper job.

when i went to a body shop today they said any thing below 200 is living in a dream world when i said got a offer  for £200 he said thats a good deal. The reason is the bodyshop would like to also repair my front bumper where some one stole my ford badge with screwdriver for £100. But the other bodyshop said he would charge £400.

I don't know why she admitted it if she wasn't willing to pay...  🤦‍♂️  If there's no CCTV or witnesses she could easily have go away with it! :unsure:

Also, who's stealing a Ford badge!?  They must have pretty low aspirations... :laugh: 

Honestly?  Sod her, go through the insurance*.  You could also be really arsey and post a picture of the damage on the Facebook thread, asking what others think is a reasonable price for repair... :wink: 

*Only if you're an older guy with cheap insurance, not worth it if you're a youngster or have points or claims already.

their is cctv in the car park the manager has requested this so we will see what it shows cctv can be a ally or a curse depending on how you see it. The cctv will not be very helpful as its old and only standard definition. I also think the camera is quite far away as well.  I am 42 so not sure if that means any thing. I am told by others it will affect my insurance if I claim. But i have screen shots taken off facebook of her admitting I kissed your car. she insists on getting her own quotes. I think she is hoping cctv will show she not hit my car but it will not and she is really deluded thinking its cheap to repair paint work.

I had quotes of 386 400  and 200 if I get the work done on the badge for £100 + cost of new badge. yes I agree you can buy a ford badge for £15 on eBay.

1 hour ago, paulbrogden said:

I am 42 so not sure if that means any thing. I am told by others it will affect my insurance if I claim.

Yes that's true unfortunately.  You have to declare all claims even when you weren't at fault.

At 42 I'd assume your insurance is cheap enough that it wouldn't make much difference though.  You could always try an insurance quote online both with and without a claim declared to give a rough idea.

I recently changed my insurance company at renewal and declared a non fault claim, tried the quote first without mentioning the claim and the price was the same.

Only tried quote without declaring to see if the price was different, I would always declare any claims or modifications to insurance companies.

So LV insurance did not increase my insurance through an accident which was not my fault. 

Or tell her you will inform HR that she hit your car and she is refusing to pay. See what they have to say about it. 

2 hours ago, Jb27 said:

Or tell her you will inform HR that she hit your car and she is refusing to pay. See what they have to say about it. 

I didn't think of that, it's probably the best thing to do if she won't pay up. After all the accident happened on company property so they would want to be informed. Good call Jb

32 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I didn't think of that, it's probably the best thing to do if she won't pay up. After all the accident happened on company property so they would want to be informed. Good call Jb

What makes me laugh is she admitted to it and now won't pay. You should be fine. If not report to insurance and let them fight her for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jb27 said:

What makes me laugh is she admitted to it and now won't pay. You should be fine. If not report to insurance and let them fight her for you.

It's not my car, it's Paul's lol

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's not my car, it's Paul's lol

Haha sorry! Brain ***** 🥱

On 1/27/2021 at 9:59 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't know why she admitted it if she wasn't willing to pay...  🤦‍♂️  If there's no CCTV or witnesses she could easily have go away with it! :unsure:

Also, who's stealing a Ford badge!?  They must have pretty low aspirations... :laugh: 

Honestly?  Sod her, go through the insurance*.  You could also be really arsey and post a picture of the damage on the Facebook thread, asking what others think is a reasonable price for repair... :wink: 

*Only if you're an older guy with cheap insurance, not worth it if you're a youngster or have points or claims already.

I believe some one sore her do it and that prompted her to ask whos car did she hit. This is the only explanation that makes any sense to me. As the witness might come forward I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you got any further with it or still waiting on CCTV?

I asked to see cctv but been told it does not show much as its far away I will ask again when i get the chance. But based on what some work colleagues were saying like bugger them go to the insurance .I decided after not hearing for 1 week anything I requested the reg and insurance info again they refuse to give this. But their has been a further development she said the following. on Facebook private message    Please just book your car into the garage you found, this is my first day off since and I've got family issues that I'm sorting out.... I've not had time to look for a garage as I've been working.... So just book your car in and then when it's been done at your conviene, just let me have a bill and I will settle it

• Like 1

I have had some quotes done they came back   at 200 230 337 386 400.  I believe quotes 200 230 is to touch up the paint work and perhaps 386 -400 is to repaint the whole pancel well the guy at gw bodyshop in Huddersfield told me he would have to repaint both panels and charge £400.

• Like 1

I thought some people might be interested to see the full conversation between myself and the person who damaged my car then you can make your own conclusion .

She first posted a photo of my registration number on a facebook group asking whos car is this.

Then I contacted her directly through facebook.

You sent 21 January at 16:55
Thats my car

21 Jan 2021, 20:35

sent 21 January at 20:35
Yes so I've been told, I think my car might have kissed your car this morning..... Not sure?..... I've got no damage to my car, and couldn't see any new damage to yours, but I thought I should say...... So sorry😊

Fri 11:13

You sent 22 January at 11:13
Hello I have had a look and their is damage on the front wheel arch my local repair shop who are half the cost of the dealers have quoted me £200 to repair the damage as it is on 2 panels. They have said the panels need to be repainted. The damage is minor but still is damage.

Fri 12:42

sent 22 January at 12:42
I shall find a garage myself....... I think £200 is way over the top..... I need to see your car myself, let me know when your at work and your car is at ofl

You sent 22 January at 13:11
Its having a service done Monday so its with them £200 is not over the top my Ford ringways dealer would charge me over 400 for this sort of work, I attach photo of damage you caused ,

You sent 22 January at 13:11
141926284_267941988003079_63587710157903

sent 22 January at 13:25
Don't get them to do it, because I won't pay ..... I'm offering to sort it myself...... And get quotes, if you have already instructed them then it's on your own shoulders not mine

You sent 22 January at 13:30
Its a different garage to the place I go to but they are next to each other in birstall where I live, you damaged my car and need to pay for the damage caused .they have given me a quote for 200

sent 22 January at 13:37
No I don't need to pay £200 I've offered to sort it out, but you've not given me an opportunity to sort anything for you...... You've taken it into your own hands

You sent 22 January at 13:45
I will give you 3 weeks to get quotes but £200 is a fare amount .

Thurs 10:02

You sent Yesterday at 10:02
Hello I kindly request you disclose your cars description and registration number and insurance details as I will require this information regards.

sent Yesterday at 10:07
Please just book your car into the garage you found, this is my first day off since and I've got family issues that I'm sorting out.... I've not had time to look for a garage as I've been working.... So just book your car in and then when it's been done at your conviene, just let me have a bill and I will settle it

As you've already suggested £200, I don't think it's fair to now go for a more expensive one personally.  Though it's up to you of course!  If you wanted the badge damage repaired as well, you could always get that done at the same time and pay the extra yourself.

With that small amount of damage on the wing, I think those particular bodyshop guys are trying it on suggesting the whole panel would need paint tbh.

Maybe I'm just sceptical, but I wouldn't trust her to pay up after the work has been done...  I'd want to secure a proper written quote and have her cover the cost before work starts.

• Like 1

does any one else on here agree with tomsfocus that she will not pay up after work was completed ?

4 minutes ago, paulbrogden said:

does any one else on here agree with tomsfocus that she will not pay up after work was completed ?

I'd be very sceptical. This has happened to me before. Only difference was I caught them doing it so stopped them and go their details. She paid the garage and they did the works. That's how it's suppose to work.

If you pay for the works there's no guarantee she will pay. Get her to pay the garage directly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulbrogden said:

I'd have to agree with the others here. I don't trust anyone I don't know. She needs to pay the garage directly, safer for both of you. She knows you aren't ***** her, and you know she will pay. 

You have it in a message that she will pay, so if it came to it then a small claims court would rule on your favour but that would be long and drawn out. 

Explain to her that you would like her to speak directly with the garage regarding payment, tell her that it would assure her that you weren't over charging and it keeps things above board. If she refuses to speak to the garage then get a written quote and give it to her and ask her for the money upfront, ask her to meet you at the garage on the day you drop it off.

If she refuses both of those then tell her again that you want to go through the insurance, if she refuses that option then it's a police matter for 'failing to provide'.

Trust no one until they can prove they are trustworthy.