Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013/14 Focus alarm going mental

GunnerGrahamV
聽Share

Back again with another Focus question...

The alarm on mum's Focus is going off randomly. When it goes off, the key only sometimes de-activates it, there's no flashing from the hazards and the sound goes on for longer than the stated 30 seconds in the manual. This has been happening at random times since before Christmas, and it goes off roughly 5 or 6 times till it settles down. Each time, doors are checked, boot and bonnet are opened and closed. I did clean the bonnet catch after reading the issues with the microswitch sensor when it was first happening.

Before she ends up taking it to a garage to get looked at, does anyone here have any ideas what could be causing this? The biggest standout to me personally is the fact the lights aren't flashing and the alarm goes on for ages, which makes me think it could be battery related.

Hopefully someone here knows, or at least has some idea as to the cause. I'm going mad at having to keep going out and trying to silence it. 3 times so far its done it today聽馃槶

Just now, GunnerGrahamV

Back again with another Focus question...

The alarm on mum's Focus is going off randomly. When it goes off, the key only sometimes de-activates it, there's no flashing from the hazards and the sound goes on for longer than the stated 30 seconds in the manual. This has been happening at random times since before Christmas, and it goes off roughly 5 or 6 times till it settles down. Each time, doors are checked, boot and bonnet are opened and closed. I did clean the bonnet catch after reading the issues with the microswitch sensor when it was first happening.

Before she ends up taking it to a garage to get looked at, does anyone here have any ideas what could be causing this? The biggest standout to me personally is the fact the lights aren't flashing and the alarm goes on for ages, which makes me think it could be battery related.

Hopefully someone here knows, or at least has some idea as to the cause. I'm going mad at having to keep going out and trying to silence it. 3 times so far its done it today聽馃槶

Just had the exact same issue, ended up taking the battery out and locking the doors manually with the blade so I could get some sleep!

turns out the BCM (located in the passenger footwell) had water ingress and was causing the ignition to randomly come on via a shorted contact. Obviously, car fully locked and alarm armed... if you some how turn the ignition on the car thinks it鈥檚 being stolen haha. Have a look if you can...

this is what mine looked liked when I figured it out. Drove me nuts!

32F544A4-BC01-4376-8735-E407355FC716.jpg

8D7B4675-3544-4A65-A9AE-3E3D424E9098.jpg

C8320FA5-133A-4B07-A922-CB6D9B731A3B.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:30 PM, Monks600 said:

Just had the exact same issue, ended up taking the battery out and locking the doors manually with the blade so I could get some sleep!

turns out the BCM (located in the passenger footwell) had water ingress and was causing the ignition to randomly come on via a shorted contact. Obviously, car fully locked and alarm armed... if you some how turn the ignition on the car thinks it鈥檚 being stolen haha. Have a look if you can...

Many thanks! I'll have a look at this when it gets lighter today. The whole issue stopped after I'd posted this, until about 20 minutes ago. It's half 3 in the morning, let me sleep 馃槴馃槶

• Like 1

Just now, GunnerGrahamV

Many thanks! I'll have a look at this when it gets lighter today. The whole issue stopped after I'd posted this, until about 20 minutes ago. It's half 3 in the morning, let me sleep 馃槴馃槶

the best you can do is disconnect the battery and manually lock all the doors. Passenger, and rear doors you use your key blade on the inside of the open door to latch the barrel. It looks like a hole for the child safety locks but much smaller. Once turned, close the door and it should latch and lock. Drivers door you can use the key blade itself in the key barrel.

that鈥檚 the only way I managed to get some sleep lol!

one of the nights I didn鈥檛 know how to lock all the doors manually, so I disconnected the battery and stayed awake all night until in was light on the sofa. The amount of Netflix I watched that night was enough to send you loopy.

Just now, Monks600
Just now, GunnerGrahamV

the best you can do is disconnect the battery and manually lock all the doors. Passenger, and rear doors you use your key blade on the inside of the open door to latch the barrel. It looks like a hole for the child safety locks but much smaller. Once turned, close the door and it should latch and lock. Drivers door you can use the key blade itself in the key barrel.

that鈥檚 the only way I managed to get some sleep lol!

one of the nights I didn鈥檛 know how to lock all the doors manually, so I disconnected the battery and stayed awake all night until in was light on the sofa. The amount of Netflix I watched that night was enough to send you loopy.

Here鈥檚 what your looking for on the doors, little hole, not the child lock ones

F3EFE1E2-7F0B-4610-889B-570129888D1E.jpg

F4D84653-DB6F-4DE5-8544-BAD760381F44.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club