Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge Titanium 2017 DRL Headlight Assy

IcemanR26

Hi all

Ive got a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium (UK) that currently has the Non-LED style headlight assemblies.

Could anyone tell me if and where I can get the Headlight assemblies replaced for the LED DRL types that are on the Ford Edge Sport?

Cheers

Andy

You could probably buy them from Ford (approx £1,000 for each headlight) or if you're lucky and willing to risk it, from a car that's being parted out.

Only issue is, it's not a simple swap job as they are adaptive and require all the wiring/cameras etc and reprogramming of the car. Don't know anybody that has done it.

And to top off, the headlights will probably eventually come up with errors as has happened with both of my original adaptive LEDs over 4 years and many others.

I was quoted £1400 per adaptive headlight from the local Ford dealer. I had one headlight changed under warranty when the common intermittent problem started  occuring. I'm hoping the other one doesn't fail over time.

Thanks for your responses. I'll leave it then. I've already replaced the DRL H15 bulbs with LED assemblies which has transformed the look and luminosity of the headlight assemblies. The stock EDGE already has lots of bells and whistles so it would just be another thing to go wrong in time.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, IcemanR26 said:

Thanks for your responses. I'll leave it then. I've already replaced the DRL H15 bulbs with LED assemblies which has transformed the look and luminosity of the headlight assemblies. The stock EDGE already has lots of bells and whistles so it would just be another thing to go wrong in time.

Cheers

Hi Iceman,

can you tell me what LED bulb make and model you used on the H15 DRL/High beam please? I have tried a few from amazon and a set of Twenty20 at £79 as well. None of them even lit up.

Thanks

On 3/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, LiveontheEdge said:

I used these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076YNZD99?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

No problems so far.

Used another make before and they kept failing on one or other sidelight.

Now this is interesting as my fist attempt was with the costly Twenty20's and they didn't turn on, not DRL or high. Tested on normal 12v battery and the LEDS work fine. Put digs on via Forscan and not even a fault code for headlights, bulbs etc all clean. I purchased a pair of Philips LED drivers and tried again and got the same results, no light output. They all went back and I got refunded. I then ordered the ones you used for last week and had exactly the same problems. Tried all of the above and still nothing.

I assume my Edge has some kind of protection built in on one of the many modules. I did do a resistance test on a normal Halogen H15 and got 7.8 Ohms. On the LEDS, they all came up in the 600K Ohms range, so way, way over a filament resistance. Again my assumption is the resistance is just too high and it thinks the bulb is broken. There seems to be no way out of this one and I guess I'll have to stick to really crappy high beams 😞

This is what I have tried.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h15-twenty20-led-12v-headlight-bulbs-pair.html

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h4-philips-led-resistor-kit-for-canbus-error-removal-pair.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076YNZD99/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

😞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club