Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 door seal

antward91

A few weeks ago I noticed the rear passenger footwell carpet was damp and thought I had the boot leak issue.

Checked the boot out and all was dry , but I left a cloth on the door sill next to where the carpet was damp.

This morning after alot of rain last night the cloth is wet. 

To me, the only place the water could be coming from is the door seal? Is that right and has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Defo no water under the spare wheel? The seals ar known to come loose check they are still attached or check for any tears. 

Totally bone dry under the spare wheel, checked under the rear seats too thats dry. 

I put a cloth on the sill inside (on the plastic) that was wet this morning and the carpet bone dry, so it looks like that's where its getting in from.

I did check the seals quickly at the weekend and they wernt loose, or didn't feel it to me.

Would they just need re sealing and which seal would it be?

Theres one on the frame and one on the door itself 

59 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Defo no water under the spare wheel? The seals ar known to come loose check they are still attached or check for any tears. 

Totally bone dry under the spare wheel, checked under the rear seats too thats dry. 

I put a cloth on the sill inside (on the plastic) that was wet this morning and the carpet bone dry, so it looks like that's where its getting in from.

I did check the seals quickly at the weekend and they wernt loose, or didn't feel it to me.

Would they just need re sealing and which seal would it be?

Theres one on the frame and one on the door itself 

Quite hard to tell without seeing it you would need to go down and examine them close to see if there is any gaps experimenting with water. 

I would check the door drain holes, as the door may fill up with water if they are blocked.  I've not taken a Focus door trim panel off, but if there is an inner panel, it would be there to stop water ingress

I had a Fiesta where you could hear the water swishing around inside because the drains were blocked.

Had another inspection this morning after alot of rain again last night, found where the water has been dripping from the underside of the door, onto the plastic sill inside the car.

There was quite abit of wate on the underside of the car door, inside of the outer door seal. Is that normal or would my problem be the outer seal on the door?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club