Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Deep Clean - How To

ukdetailer

I've posted this on Instagram and had some good feedback, so I thought I'd post it here. 

This is my wheel cleaning how to...

Screenshot_20210128_103910.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103851.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103822.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103801.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103732.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103434.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103406.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103350.jpg

Screenshot_20210128_103334.jpg

Life's to short for that😀 I get my man to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They do look lovely.  But if you can see the barrels then the brakes aren't big enough! :wink: 

Could you recommend a product to seal and protect a set of brand new part painted, part diamond cut alloys?  Ideally with the best longevity and least amount off effort needed? 

• Like 1

I swap between summer wheels/tyres and winter wheels/tyres, so that always gives me a good opportunity to clean them thoroughly. Similar to the process above.

I use Mer Wheel Wax (because I bought it years ago and still have loads left) and I don't use anything but car shampoo and a sponge to clean the wheels. 

Tom, my wheels have diamond cut parts, which are lacquered, so using the wax is fine.

IMG_20190424_140310.thumb.jpg.dd5c27f95190d7e9c871c8d5511f6c20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah that's good to know.  I just keep seeing furry or discoloured diamond cut wheels lol.  I'm not even a fan of the look but they're the standard wheel.

I've used Poorboy's wheel sealant in the past but wondered about something like this?  Not cheap but if it genuinely lasts over a year Then could be worth it.

https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/shop/auto/wheels-trim/c5-wheel-armour/

• Like 1

I use Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax on the paintwork and on the wheels. It's really easy to use, lasts a while and is inexpensive. 

• 2 months later...

My wheels do my nut in with all the ledges on them the dust sits there. I use demon shampoo followed by some fallout remover and tar remover if need be then a wax to shine them up.  Be careful the tar remover is powerful spray onto a cloth then dap wipe. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183966175230

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club