Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MTX75 Transmission whining

Bigjim97

hi all i have 2 mtx75 transmissions and are making whining noise in neutral and whilst driving im assuming its the bearings i see in the net there are lots of bearing overhaul kits from 150 quid upwards with new seals i just fitted a brand new 4 pc clutch kit inc flywheel to 1.6tdci focus 2007 but transmissions both are mtxs making same whining noises is there anything else i need to watch for with these trannys i read that the shift tower and synchros are also known to fail and i seen that there is a TSB on this issue??

OK so an update I've taken the mtx75 trans apart and found the culprit I spun all the bearings on each of the shafts and the diff with my hand and the bearings on both ends of both shafts are SHOT and making noise so will need to be replaced surprisingly the diff bearings seem fine for now I'll keep yous updated. 

IMG_20210129_194552.jpg

IMG_20210129_194553.jpg

IMG_20210129_194605.jpg

IMG_20210129_194609.jpg

IMG_20210129_201156.jpg

IMG_20210129_201254.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club