Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ignition barrel

lasthope
聽Share

having abit probs with my ignition barrel some times i got to jiggle the key to start car,,so how to i go about adding a new barrel would i need keys prog or if barrel comes with one will that be ok

46 minutes ago, lasthope said:

having abit probs with my ignition barrel some times i got to jiggle the key to start car,,so how to i go about adding a new barrel would i need keys prog or if barrel comes with one will that be ok

Buying a new key will probably give a tighter fit and less hassle 馃憤

21 minutes ago, williamweb said:

You'd think so, however when I 1st got my 2005 car, wanted a 'spare', and the cheapest quote I got for a fully programmed key was 拢240! (Needless to say, I don't have a spare!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You'd think so, however when I 1st got my 2005 car, wanted a 'spare', and the cheapest quote I got for a fully programmed key was 拢240! (Needless to say, I don't have a spare!)

Less hassle sometimes equals聽expensive 馃憤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i got 2 keys and both do the same lol seen a few 2nd hand ones on eBay with key so would i need to prog the key still i can use my old key fob for locks its the the ignition side of it

16 hours ago, lasthope said:

i got 2 keys and both do the same lol seen a few 2nd hand ones on ebay with key so would i need to prog the key still i can use my old key fob for locks its the the ignition side of it

A new key will have to be programmed.I think an聽auto locksmith will cost about 拢60馃憤

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, williamweb said:

I will definitely buy a new key from an auto locksmith store near me.

30 minutes ago, KevinDane said:

I will definitely buy a new key from an auto locksmith store near me.

Wow, no wonder it took you 6 months to reply to this, all the way from Texas LOL Guess you work in the locksmith then and looking for business 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

Sometimes when the steering is locked it can do that but instead of jiggling the key move the steering wheel and that usually frees it up.

If your keys are the type where the key blade can be separated from the button part then if you swap the key blades over and use your original button part then聽no reprogramming required when you change barrel

An ignition key barrel can easily be replaced. A standard key barrel is available from Ford. The new standard key barrel can easily be converted to the correct key code using locking plates that are also available.

• 3 weeks later...

cheers lads but i sold car on now,,iam a vw touran lol

10 minutes ago, lasthope said:

cheers lads but i sold car on now,,iam a vw touran lol

I believe those are nice economical vehicles, plenty of MPG LOL 馃ぃ

ha ha its a 1.9 tdci stuck 20quid in when warning light came one then when it flashed back up trip said 158 miles that was just around doors just had it mapped few days back so might get a few miles from it lol

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Good luck finding the 'C' in a 1.9 TDI. :biggrin:

lol i no that now

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club