Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2022 and beyond.

Alex.S

I’m planning ahead , 18 months . Had a good look at the range of Focus now available thru motability. Almost the full range but no ST as usual. What’s with the ‘edition’ label? Means nothing. Has to be auto, 5 door petrol hybrid (tho hoping for full electric by then) . Previously Vignale was the flagship now they’ve mashed up active x Vignale and ST line Vignale . As if things aren’t complicated enough. They’re still pushing the 1L 125 engine. I’d rather buy a Skoda . Best engine option is the 1L 155 mild hybrid but the mild part is putting me off. I’ve looked at latest online brochure..they’ve been consistently tight about rear suspension... estates , active x , 2L diesel and Vignale only. 
Currently Googling VW dealerships near me..! 
Which one would u buy (if u had to)? 

I'm currently looking at the active x vignale, got all the things I need to help,with my disability and the AP is £1495

• Like 1

I’m familiar with the active x , similar trim to my STX.  Does Vignale just mean all the toys on top? All the extras are an eye watering £5k 

or were a year ago 

8 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

AP is £1495

That’s reasonable. I’ve got one eye on a 1 series BMW . Similar AP

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

That’s reasonable. I’ve got one eye on a 1 series BMW . Similar AP

Nice enough motor but doesn't come with much kit, to get it up to a similar spec has the focus  would really bump up,the AP due to my neck I'm now I need of park assist ive had it on the Cmax for a couple of years but never used it but now it's very handy anotheb plus on the focus is power tailgate I've not been able to use the Cmax boot for the last year, throw in the adaptive LED headlights, heated seats and wheel, leather multi adjustable seats it the focus looks like a real bargain.

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’m planning ahead , 18 months . Had a good look at the range of Focus now available thru motability. Almost the full range but no ST as usual. What’s with the ‘edition’ label? Means nothing. Has to be auto, 5 door petrol hybrid (tho hoping for full electric by then) . Previously Vignale was the flagship now they’ve mashed up active x Vignale and ST line Vignale . As if things aren’t complicated enough. They’re still pushing the 1L 125 engine. I’d rather buy a Skoda . Best engine option is the 1L 155 mild hybrid but the mild part is putting me off. I’ve looked at latest online brochure..they’ve been consistently tight about rear suspension... estates , active x , 2L diesel and Vignale only. 
Currently Googling VW dealerships near me..! 
Which one would u buy (if u had to)? 

The specs will probably change again by 2022.  They don't seem to want to facelift cars now, but instead make minor changes every few months.

The 'Edition' label was added when some changes were made.  On the Active Editions for example, the X upgrades to fixed LED lights and the Vignale upgrades to adaptive LED lights as standard. (Previously halogens and fixed LEDs respectively)

Active X does NOT get multi-link suspension if you want a petrol engined hatchback.  Vignale only.

I couldn't find an equivalent VW that I'd actually want to buy...so if you do, please let us know lol!  The Golf still uses beam suspension for small petrols and the standard specs aren't great.  The T-Roc is surprisingly small inside.  I couldn't afford a Tiguan.

If you want an Auto, the Corolla is definitely worth looking at.  It's only the auto (CVT) box that stopped me choosing one of those.

Edit - I wouldn't even consider a 1 Series.  My neighbour has had 2 of them and they've both sounded utterly horrific.  Rattling like mad at every start.  He's recently traded the latest one in for a VAG car.  I also find the 1 series pretty poorly specced as standard (halogens and cloth seats!!) and I don't even think it looks particularly nice externally either.  That's personal preference though.

• Like 1

Also, just to add to the above...for some reason Ford won't allow any nice colours on the Active X Vignale Edition...  Definitely nothing as impactful as Desert Island Blue!

You can have wa*k white for free, boring black for £300, groany grey for £450 or repugnant red for £550.  That's it, that's the entire choice currently! :ermm:  Chrome blue is shown on the online builder without a price, but it's an error, you can't opt for it.  Not sure how colours work with regards to Motability, do they get added to the AP?

There's not really many alternatives tbh at the moment.

Only things missing for me are the Adaptive LEDs and a heated steering wheel.

I wont be looking to change for a couple of years unless I find a really good deal but part of me still keeps looking at the T- Roc.

Toyota Corolla 2.0 Hybrid Design estate. 

Thanks. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure how colours work with regards to Motability, do they get added to the AP?

With Ford , kinda.  I give them the AP They ‘gave’ me £550 to spend on extras. I used it on the paint. Desert island blue, exclusive range..£750. 
Could've got B&O , hud and LEDs for that! But I’d have to live with race red paint...

• Like 1

Also, just to add to the above...for some reason Ford won't allow any nice colours on the Active X Vignale Edition...  Definitely nothing as impactful as Desert Island Blue!

You can have wa*k white for free, boring black for £300, groany grey for £450 or repugnant red for £550.  That's it, that's the entire choice currently! :ermm:  Chrome blue is shown on the online builder without a price, but it's an error, you can't opt for it.  Not sure how colours work with regards to Motability, do they get added to the AP?

Colours are generally free unless it's a premium colour, non of the vignal colours are chargeable so I was told by my dealer, as you say rotten choice to select from, but as I can't see the outside of the car when I'm driving colour doesn't really bother me, I more concerned about the stick on iPad that ruins the interior.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

With Ford , kinda.  I give them the AP They ‘gave’ me £550 to spend on extras. I used it on the paint. Desert island blue, exclusive range..£750. 
Could've got B&O , hud and LEDs for that! But I’d have to live with race red paint...

Ah ok, that makes sense.  Not sure the HUD is worth paying for, but yes, I couldn't live with flat red or white myself!

36 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Colours are generally free unless it's a premium colour, non of the vignal colours are chargeable so I was told by my dealer, as you say rotten choice to select from, but as I can't see the outside of the car when I'm driving colour doesn't really bother me, I more concerned about the stick on iPad that ruins the interior.

Have you test driven one yet?  I thought I'd hate the iPad on the dash but actually really liked it on the road.  Didn't find it intrusive at all.  Touchscreen is also much more responsive than older screens were so easy enough to use.  As with all screens though, it didn't like the cold weather and needed a few minutes to warm up.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Colours are generally free unless it's a premium colour

Not sure if it differs from dealership to dealership but for me it was Race red was the only ‘free’ colour, white was £250. They had a range at £500 then exclusive range at £750. Performance blue or Orange were as standard and only available on the ST.

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

more concerned about the stick on iPad that ruins the interior

I didn’t like it either but it’s functional, a lot of manufacturers are doing the same. All about eye level , in that respect it’s good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

I more concerned about the stick on iPad that ruins the interior.

Sorry Tom, Petes quote there. 

• Like 1

Ah ok, that makes sense.  Not sure the HUD is worth paying for.

I would. It's one if the things I've found in the car that I really like. No need too look at the dials in the dashboard anymore as all the info is on the HUD.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wino said:

I would. It's one if the things I've found in the car that I really like. No need too look at the dials in the dashboard anymore as all the info is on the HUD.

I must admit, I've never used one. I noticed it comes as standard on the Vignale but wasn't really interested.  I'm slightly worried it'll just make me nauseous with a screen floating around in my vision constantly.  Will hold judgement until I've tried it though!

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Not sure if it differs from dealership to dealership but for me it was Race red was the only ‘free’ colour, white was £250. They had a range at £500 then exclusive range at £750. Performance blue or Orange were as standard and only available on the ST.

I didn’t like it either but it’s functional, a lot of manufacturers are doing the same. All about eye level , in that respect it’s good. 

It's always being in your eye line so distracting that annoys me, I never touch it when driving use the voice controls or steering wheel buttons, I've had it in courtesy cars and  I have to turn the screen off I hate it with a vengeance. Spoils lots of cars for me.

• Sad 1

I must admit, I've never used one. I noticed it comes as standard on the Vignale but wasn't really interested.  I'm slightly worried it'll just make me nauseous with a screen floating around in my vision constantly.  Will hold judgement until I've tried it though!

I don't like it at least you can turn it off, maybe I'm getting too old for all theses so called driver aids.

• Like 1

Well I'm old but think HUD is brilliant. If it's in your eyeline you haven't got it adjusted properly. Been used in military aircraft for over 50 years so can't be that distracting.

• Like 3

Had a look at the online VW id3 promo video. Looks great but I don’t see many physical buttons. Some things need to be a press of a button rather than communicating with a virtual assistant. Has an iPad on dash also 😐

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club