Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing gear

Rossboy

Hi all 

I have a Ford Mondeo 2015 when I start the engine and go and put it in gear it is really stiff sometimes impossible. But when the engine is off and I put it in gear it's no problem. When I start the car it always comes up saying press the clutch even though the clutch is engaged. 

I've looked on the other sites and seen it's could be a possible of 1 of 2 things. 

1. Clutch master cylinder

2. Slave cylinder

Has anyone else had this problem. Roughly how much do you think this would cost. 

Thanks 

Ross 

Hi Ross, it could also be the clutch itself that is causing it to not fully disengage, usually a failed/failing clutch cover but obviously a complete clutch should always be fitted.

If its the slave or master the pedal should feel soft/spongy and not firm as soon as you touch the pedal

naturally it is much cheaper to get the slave and master checked out first

Hi, as a workaround, try putting it into 2nd gear first, then from 2nd, put it into 1st. (works with a worn syncromesh) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club