Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying dash info pop ups when starting or getting in!

Larry C

Hi folks, so we got a new ST Line Fiesta about October last year and on the whole it's a decent wee thing. However one of the more annoying things it does is to tell me on an info pop up on the dash that I and also if someone else has just got into the car and that a seatbelt has been put into use, I don't really need to be continually told this! There's also another info pop up that comes on the mainscreen telling me something about diagnostics or whatever every time the car starts up, again I don't need to know this. I then need to press the ok button several times to clear all this *****. I've tried looking through settings etc to see if I can stop this from happening but can't find anything, does any knowledgeable soul out there have any experience on getting rid of these notifications?  

They will clear themselves after about 15s, not sure you can get rid of them completely.

Yeah you're right Jonro they do clear themselves, I just find it annoying! Do you really need the dash to tell you that you're in the car and that you've put on your seat belt?! 😂

You can't get rid of them.  The seatbelt one is an EU regulation now - because you're responsible for all passengers to wear their belts as the driver.

It's alright, you learn to live with them, as you can see i asked the same question shortly after getting mine. Just remember to spam the ok button a few times after starting.

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the info, will just have to learn to live with it I guess! 👍

• Like 1

The daft thing is that I bet it doesn't take long before you just inadvertently cancel them all even if someone does have thier belt off or you've left the keyfob indoors...  

• Like 3

My Mondeo first tells me to start engine ( already have) then seat belts( mines already on and no one else in car ) then often it's 50miles to empty warning. Cars nearly ready to go after that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The wife's car reminds her to check the back seat for passengers before you get out 🤣🤣 also reminds her to taker phone, like she would forget that haha

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

The wife's car reminds her to check the back seat for passengers before you get out 🤣🤣 also reminds her to taker phone, like she would forget that haha

If only mine would remind me to ---------

Fill in the blanc. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

My new Kuga has a wireless phone charger. I wish it reminded me to take my phone out. I left it in the car several times now when I go into shops, only to find I need the phone for Apple Pay purchases as I’d also forgotten my wallet. Just getting old I guess !

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

My new Kuga has a wireless phone charger. I wish it reminded me to take my phone out. I left it in the car several times now when I go into shops, only to find I need the phone for Apple Pay purchases as I’d also forgotten my wallet. Just getting old I guess !

Wireless charging and paying for stuff with your phone?  Sounds pretty youthful to me! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've, on quite a few times, forgotten my wallet (I'm old skool) and then gone into my local co-op and once I get to about 90% done with the shopping I've had to abandon the trolley when I realise my little "episode" and just leave. I usually leave it about 7- 10 days before I return to said shop. Do you think Ford could have some sort of voice thingy rattle off a list of stuff you need for adulty chores when you get in the car but before you speed off from the house?

On 1/31/2021 at 5:53 PM, TomsFocus said:

Wireless charging and paying for stuff with your phone?  Sounds pretty youthful to me! :biggrin:

I try to keep on trend. My brain unfortunately is not so trendy at times. 😂 

@Larry C - one pop up “Are you ok to be out in your own?” should do the trick. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club