Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK5/Vignale Blis not operation/not fitted

teotutulan

Hi guys, 

I searched al over the forum but I could not find anything. 

I am the fresh owner of a Vignale 2018 9second hand car though) . I was going though all the specs on the paper (provided by the dealer) and it was stated that it has Blis. 

I went to the car and checked

Driver mirror has the blis sign and the small circle for the warning light.

Passenger door doesn't. 

When I start the car, the light on mirror doesn't flash and when I drive it there is no warning if the car overtakes me. 

Am I correct to assume that I have blis and it has been deactivated or there something else wrong here ? 

If anyone knows a good site where I can decode my VIN that would be great too, so I can properly see what my car comes with before I storm to the dealer! 

I am attaching some pictures.

Thanks a lot ! 

IMG_1243.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg

Hi

I admin a MK5 Mondeo page on Facebook, it is very active. I also have access to check what your car left the factory with. You are welcome to join us if you would like to. If you join up and then put your question on a post in the group you will find lots of people will help. Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN or VRM and I will check the features and send you screenshots of the information.

It could be that the previous owner replace the mirror glass after a knock and they could only find the BLIS mirror 🤷‍♂️ or vice versa and the passenger side is not original and BLIS has been turned off to stop it throwing up errors. 

Mondeo group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

Mention my name when you join the group and so I know it's you. My name is Jon RoganJosh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hi

I admin a MK5 Mondeo page on Facebook, it is very active. I also have access to check what your car left the factory with. You are welcome to join us if you would like to. If you join up and then put your question on a post in the group you will find lots of people will help. Feel free to send me a PM with your VIN or VRM and I will check the features and send you screenshots of the information.

It could be that the previous owner replace the mirror glass after a knock and they could only find the BLIS mirror 🤷‍♂️ or vice versa and the passenger side is not original and BLIS has been turned off to stop it throwing up errors. 

Mondeo group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

Mention my name when you join the group and so I know it's you. My name is Jon RoganJosh

Just sent out the invite to join the group. 

What you are saying, it makes sense. I wish I could find out all the specs of the car, just to make sure. I have tried all the vin decoders on the web (almost all) and I could not get the factory fitted option from nowhere ! 

Thanks a lot ! 

Hi Teo, if you want the vehicles full spec you can obtain it off the Ford ETIS site. If you cannot access it send me a P Message if you want and I will do it for you.

In the message please advise your reg number and vin number

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club