Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 eco coach menu

Alex.S

Just realised if I press ok on eco coach I get this menu....

I know the manual will have a long winded explanation so hoping someone can explain in a sentence or two?

Looks like it can be adjusted by cruise control buttons. 
I’m thinking maybe it’s connected to the my key feature. 
061F9229-DA7C-48AB-AE7E-80AA59D1B27B.thumb.jpeg.c1211b5ed5bdae7f4da9f4731c565b97.jpeg

It basically just shows you how you're driving. 

So by the looks of it you're 5 out of 5 on all three categories. If they were all 1/5 you'd be getting about 5mpg so well done! 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

It basically just shows you how you're driving. 

So by the looks of it you're 5 out of 5 on all three categories. If they were all 1/5 you'd be getting about 5mpg so well done! 😆

Thanks mate, I try and avoid the sports mode as it’s like throwing £5 notes out the window! 
I see you have a 182 in your Vignale, what mpg u getting?
I’m getting 32.5mpg ...short journeys only. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Thanks mate, I try and avoid the sports mode as it’s like throwing £5 notes out the window! 
I see you have a 182 in your Vignale, what mpg u getting?
I’m getting 32.5mpg ...short journeys only. 

Annoyingly I get around the same.. Manual.

Like you id love to keep It in sport mode all the time but im always wary of petrol considering Im getting low 30's'mpg just in normal 😅

9/10 journeys in 'Normal' drive mode simply because it doesn't stay set to the previous mode you have it in and I forget to change it every time Im out driving, otherwise I'd have it constantly in Eco-Comfort for day to day use.

I always say i'll put a full tank in and use it all in Eco mode to compare it with normal and see how much of a difference it makes, but I always forget to keep having to switch it back into Eco every time you start the car. The MK8 Fiesta remembers if you have it in Eco so I don't get why the Focus is any different, albeit the fiesta is just a button whereas the Focus is a cycle menu in the dash.

I know on motorway journeys the car will easily do around 45mpg, pushing 50. I also always use sport when on the motorway to easily get up to speed.

Ive always wondered if it is best to put it into eco once you are up to speed and stick cruise control on, anybody have any idea?

35 minutes ago, FezMan said:

MK8 Fiesta remembers if you have it in Eco so I don't get why the Focus is any different, albeit the fiesta is just a button whereas the Focus is a cycle menu in the dash.

My focus is a button. normal is default , eco and sports are on the button. There probably is a menu in the dash , that’s too much faffing about! 
What do you mean ‘cycle menu in the dash’ ? 

Sports mode in the auto I can understand . It’s raring to go. Holds gears longer , stiffens steering , turns S/S off, it’s great. 
I’m not sure how it works in the manual? 

14 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

My focus is a button. normal is default , eco and sports are on the button. There probably is a menu in the dash , that’s too much faffing about! 
What do you mean ‘cycle menu in the dash’ ? 

I mean on the Mk8 Fiesta the 'Eco' button is one that you press (ill add a photo) and then It just says 'eco' on the dash, like how when you disable S/S, although it remains turned on even after you turn the car off and back on unlike the S/S.

Its the only option, whereas on the Focus you press the drive mode button and then you keep pressing it and can see in the dash it cycle through the different options.  

11 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Sports mode in the auto I can understand . It’s raring to go. Holds gears longer , stiffens steering , turns S/S off, it’s great. 

Exactly the same, other than holding gear longer I guess. Makes the accelerator a lot more responsive/sensitive, stiffer steering etc. Basically the complete opposite of Eco where you can feel and even hear the car have less power 

1658566891_GearStick.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, FezMan said:

Annoyingly I get around the same.. Manual.

Like you id love to keep It in sport mode all the time but im always wary of petrol considering Im getting low 30's'mpg just in normal 😅

9/10 journeys in 'Normal' drive mode simply because it doesn't stay set to the previous mode you have it in and I forget to change it every time Im out driving, otherwise I'd have it constantly in Eco-Comfort for day to day use.

I always say i'll put a full tank in and use it all in Eco mode to compare it with normal and see how much of a difference it makes, but I always forget to keep having to switch it back into Eco every time you start the car. The MK8 Fiesta remembers if you have it in Eco so I don't get why the Focus is any different, albeit the fiesta is just a button whereas the Focus is a cycle menu in the dash.

I know on motorway journeys the car will easily do around 45mpg, pushing 50. I also always use sport when on the motorway to easily get up to speed.

Ive always wondered if it is best to put it into eco once you are up to speed and stick cruise control on, anybody have any idea?

Could try eco mode once up to speed, I have tried it but I think on cruise at motorway it doesn’t make a different whether it’s sports or eco. 

The deciding factor would be whether cylinder deactivation only takes place in eco mode or not, if it does then try eco mode on motorway cruise but I think it deactivates in sport mode too.

My the focus is the 125 eco boost STX so I only drive it in sports mode to make the most out of the engine 😄 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:15 PM, Alex.S said:

More or less the same in the manual. Just has better throttle response in sports mode. I sometimes use it as I think it feels more like the MK3 I had before which was remapped to 147bhp and had better mpg by a long long long way.