Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calcium/calcium battery

Marty...

Hi all, my first post regarding help with a 2009 mk2.5 focus   1.6 tdci titanium (110)
can anyone comment on a calcium/calcium battery as apposed to silver calcium battery,the local autocar shop used the reg of the car to find a low cost replacement battery,I got the serial number from him and sourced it back to ones sold at kwikfit and their specs give calcium/calcium but say it fits mk2.5 tdci
Thanks

Thanks YOG I did do some research before posting but did not see the yuasa info in the link 👍

Theres nothing like boots on the ground reports on equipment.

I have purchased the battery this morning and fitted it, it fired up first turn of the key,now to hunt down the parasitic battery drain this car has,thanks again.

Marty

I recently fitted a Yuasa battery knowing it was calcium/calcium. No problems here.

Also fitted the same (110) to a friends Kuga 3 years ago and they haven't had any issues either, in fact no issues with battery going flat since.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marty... said:

Hi all, my first post regarding help with a 2009 mk2.5 focus   1.6 tdci titanium (110)
can anyone comment on a calcium/calcium battery as apposed to silver calcium battery,the local autocar shop used the reg of the car to find a low cost replacement battery,I got the serial number from him and sourced it back to ones sold at kwikfit and their specs give calcium/calcium but say it fits mk2.5 tdci
Thanks

The difference btw Ca-Ca and Ca-Silver battery is that later is able to withstand higher under-the-hood temperature. This is important since Ca-Ca battery cells start to corrode (i.e. shed the active material from the plates, making electrolyte muddy). High temperature therefore destroys the Ca-Ca batteries after 3 years, at least in my experience.

• Like 1

Thanks frembit thats good to know 👍

Thanks Ned great explanation,thanks.

I was more concerned with a wrong battery causing elctrical problems.

Marty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club