Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive headlights

Wi1189

Hello all, I've recently noticed that the adaptive headlights on my 2016 focus titanium X turn to the right when I start driving and the high beam won't work, when I pullover and stop they point forward and the high beams then work again. Could it be due to only one headlight working just now?

Do you get the warning on the dashboard when it happens? Unfortunately this is a common problem, especially with earlier units of the Mk3.5 adaptive lights, and it's a pretty penny to buy a new unit. It can be fixed if you're a dab hand at soldering and the issue is just a broken wire. If things like the connector have been pulled off the PCB, it ain't getting fixed.

Mines recently started doing this. 

Noticed the drivers side points to the right *sometimes* when driving. Pulling up to the garage door at night it moves back to the correct position. 

No errors on the dash, ill look with forscan when I get a chance. 

Is there a link to the broken wire fix anywhere?

Thanks

Matt

8 minutes ago, matt77303 said:

Mines recently started doing this. 

Noticed the drivers side points to the right *sometimes* when driving. Pulling up to the garage door at night it moves back to the correct position. 

No errors on the dash, ill look with forscan when I get a chance. 

Is there a link to the broken wire fix anywhere?

Thanks

Matt

There's a couple of pictures in here - first thing to do would be to take the unit off the car and open the back. You'll see the triple wire pretty easily and you may just see one disconnected. As in the linked post above, some get an error, some don't, but seems to be the same underlying issue.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant. That's this weekends job sorted. 

Thank you.

Matt

I don't get any warnings on my dash, I'll have a look at the above issue this weekend while I'm repairing the left. I'll let you know. Many thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've repaired the headlight that was out on the passenger side, first picture was the fault (same issue I had on driver side last year). The original post issue, the headlight seems to have re-synched upon repair of the passenger side, however, I now have a coolant leak, coming from the location in the second picture, am I looking at an expensive repair?

20210214_111944.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-112054_Gallery.jpg

Finally got round to looking at this. 

No damaged wires. 

Bollox 

Matt 

• 1 year later...

For anyone coming across, I had exactly the same issue. Garage quoted me near £1300 for a replacement light.

Found this website https://adaptivefix.com/ and ordered a replacement wire for £10 which solved my problem no soldering needed. When I took apart the light I could see one cable had come loose 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club