Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Where is the sync module hidden on 2014 Mk2 Kuga UK? (need to replace as battery drain)

rossc

Hi,

Hoping you can help. I have a 2014 Kuga white titanium. It has the sony stereo and is suffeering from the issue where bluetooth module drains battery overnight. I'm 100% sure as i've done lots of testing with the fuse out and in and there is a pattern. 

I'd like to replace the bluetooth/sync module to hopefully fix this. Where in the car is it? I'd assumed i'd need to remove sony stereo and it would be behind there but it looks like a lengthy job and dont want to do it and find it's somewhere else.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ross

hi behind glove box under the passenger  dash airbag the little black box i think 

• 8 months later...

HI m8 did you ever get to the bottom of this issue i.e. did you replace the bluetooth unit and where was/is it? Any and as much info as you can give will help many owners  with the same battery drain (parasitic drain) on FORD KUGA (I own a 2014 model too).

cheers...

• 2 years later...

Yes, common problem with Kuga. I'm on diagnose step at the moment and so far it look like same pattern, when SYNC fuse is out, current drain when car is off drop to 0.01A.

Main problem was it didn't drain battery every time the car was switched off, only every few weeks. Normally it take 0.03A but once a time it take around 1.8A even after few hours when engine is stopped so next day I cannot even open car from pilot (use manual key) and when measure battery it go down to 5V! I'm surprise car from that year don't have simple battery protection to prevent that.

Are you guys change whole sync module or just bluetooth, as far I see in internet they separate modules.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club