Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird sound when turning off the engine

Kappak321
聽Share

Hello, I have a problem with my Ford Focus MK2 1.6 TDCI 109 HP. ALMOST every time when I shut off the engine I can hear a weird sound from the engine bay area. I have filmed a video, have a look please and if you know what it is Please help me with an explanation. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/FJBh_uZfTvg

54 minutes ago, Kappak321 said:

Hello, I have a problem with my Ford Focus MK2 1.6 TDCI 109 HP. ALMOST every time when I shut off the engine I can hear a weird sound from the engine bay area. I have filmed a video, have a look please and if you know what it is Please help me with an explanation. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/FJBh_uZfTvg

There appears to be a trapped dog barking, and then farting from shock 馃ぃ I'm sure someone sensible will be along soon, welcome to the forum...

• Haha 4

Thank you for the welcome. It runs on dogspower lol. The problem persists

sounds like u got a dog under the bonnet somewhere

6 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

sounds like u got a dog under the bonnet somewhere

What a pertinent observation - wish I'd have noticed that LOL Oh, wait a minute... 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

If that's weirdest noise your car makes I'd count that as a bonus... :laugh:

The EGR self-tests on shutdown, but it's usually 3 'scrapes' for want of a better description.聽 Your noise may be the anti shudder valve re-opening.聽 It closes at shutoff to stop a lumpy shutdown, but has to be open again next time the engine starts.聽 Either it's dirty and the valve us scraping inside, or the motor is getting weak and slow.聽 Either way, I wouldn't worry about it until you get some other symptoms.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If that's weirdest noise your car makes I'd count that as a bonus... :laugh:

The EGR self-tests on shutdown, but it's usually 3 'scrapes' for want of a better description.聽 Your noise may be the anti shudder valve re-opening.聽 It closes at shutoff to stop a lumpy shutdown, but has to be open again next time the engine starts.聽 Either it's dirty and the valve us scraping inside, or the motor is getting weak and slow.聽 Either way, I wouldn't worry about it until you get some other symptoms.

Thanks, I just changed 4 days ago the EGR with an original one. The car was making that sound before changing it so it might not be the EGR. The car runs smooth and it has no other symptoms. I will take your advice and ignore it for a while until further symptoms. Sometimes it's quiet. Thanks once again.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club