Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lots of leaks in Focuses!

StephenFord

Just me or has anyone else noted a steep rise reported here on the forum, due to our inclement weather of cars springing internal water leaks all over the place!

How hard is it for Ford to build a car that keeps the rain out! :wallbash:

One acronym "springs" to mind; FORD - Forever On Repair Daily 🤭

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Just me or has anyone else noted a steep rise due to our inclement weather of cars springing internal water leaks all over the place!

How hard is it for Ford to build a car that keeps the rain out! :wallbash:

Having issues with your moon roof Stephen? 

32 minutes ago, BarryT said:

Still better than BMtrouble U 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

Having issues with your moon roof Stephen? 

Actually, touch wood... my car is watertight, it's just every day now there seems to be another 3 or 4 posts from poor sods  who seem to be bailing out their rides LOL

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Actually, touch wood... my car is watertight, it's just every day now there seems to be another 3 or 4 posts from poor sods  who seem to be bailing out their rides LOL

One of my brothers has a mk2. It’s a work horse. He’s also got a bmw , the mk2 will outlive the BM and probably my Mk4 . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BarryT said:

I like the 'Lotus' one, Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

One of my brothers has a mk2. It’s a work horse. He’s also got a bmw , the mk2 will outlive the BM and probably my Mk4 . 

The mechanic who keeps my car in top condition often tells me that my Mk2 will outlast the Mk4! Always thought he was just being polite LOL

It’s well known that a lot of the MK3 Foci were optioned with the “colander pack”.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

It’s well known that a lot of the MK3 Foci were optioned with the “colander pack”.

B&O sub in the boot!?  Wouldn't you prefer a paddling pool, sir? :wink: 

• Haha 4

On a serious note, I think it's the lockdown and lack of use that has caused some of the latest leaks.  Seals dry out and get stuck in one position while the car is parked for days/weeks on end, then a rarely opened door/window gets opened, breaking the seal, but it's no longer supple enough to reshape again when closed.

Plus the cold weather won't have helped, I'm sure we've all seen the gaping chasms opening up in the middle of every road over the last few weeks.  That sudden jarring when you hit an unavoidable pothole is easily enough to widen small cracks in a dry boot vent seal for example.

• Like 2

It's ford's new adaptive valet system your car gets cleaned when you leave it alone. 

You can turn that off in the infotainment center ( iPad on the dash)

This topic does explain why Ford put "Puddle lights" on the car after all 😉

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

sudden jarring when you hit an unavoidable pothole

Reminds me that I have crap suspension. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I have real suspension on the Golf (VW dropped IRS on most models the year after mine!) but with some of the holes that have opened up around here you could lose the whole car in them! :shocking:  Must admit I've been glad not to have the new one this week between the potholes, floods, overhanging branches and salt/mud/leaf rot that's everywhere at the moment.  Must be impossible to keep a new car perfect after the first winter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Last week as part of a 'service', I treated my 16 year old Focus to some ancillary bits like suspension (bushes/track rod ends/anti roll bar drop links), brake discs/pads etc. She now handles like a proper car, and would genuinely give my old Celica GT4 a run for the money!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BarryT said:

FORD - Forever On Repair Daily 🤭

Also - Fix Or Repair Daily

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Last week as part of a 'service', I treated my 16 year old Focus to some ancillary bits like suspension (bushes/track rod ends/anti roll bar drop links), brake discs/pads etc. She now handles like a proper car, and would genuinely give my old Celica GT4 a run for the money!

It does make a great difference replacing the bushes tightens everything up. 

• Like 1

I bought my first ever new car, it was a Fiesta, I didn't realise it leaked until the winter, to cut a long story short it was a pin prick hole in the bodywork hidden by the windscreen, the courtesy car I had was a Focus, which drove really well I thought it also looked ugly, but I soon liked the looks, I'm happy now.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:57 PM, BarryT said:

It's fix or repair daily😂

• Like 1

I know it’s not a problem now, but I should really pop the rear bumper off and check my vents for the famous ‘boot leak’ :/ knowing my luck they’re probably sealed shut or something stupid 😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

I know it’s not a problem now, but I should really pop the rear bumper off and check my vents for the famous ‘boot leak’ 😕 knowing my luck they’re probably sealed shut or something stupid 😂

Mines has a slight damp under the spare wheel still to do mines. 

• Like 1

Just now, F0CUE
39 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

I know it’s not a problem now, but I should really pop the rear bumper off and check my vents for the famous ‘boot leak’ 😕 knowing my luck they’re probably sealed shut or something stupid 😂

Mines has a slight damp under the spare wheel still to do mines. 

I should really check mine in the next few days, not been anywhere near the spare wheel well since June/July last year.

fingers crossed haha.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club