Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Happy

doughnuts

Hi all, this will be my 1st post as I have only recently purchased a used S-Max. Bought a 2007, 1.8 diesel, 125bhp Zetec and from day I have had nothing but trouble. EGR valve needed replacing, 2x turbo gasket seal, Brake line from vacume pump failed causing loss of breaks. 5 times the car has been returned in 2 months for warranty work and I am still not happy. Just had the car returned to me after being given the use of an identical model S-Max but one that is 18 months youger. Both cars have the same mileage of 29k but the loan car was averaging 46mpg while mine is lucky to get 36mpg. I explained this to the stealer manager who took mine for a 40 mile trip and averaged 36mpg and who commented that the engine noise was louder than the loaner. I explained that mine does sound like a tractor below 1800 rpm and he passed this off by saying that mine is 18 month older than the other. I have been given an extension of the remaining warranty though warranty direct but I can't beleive that there should be so much difference between the 2 cars even thoe the one is 18 months younger. The car did not sound like it does now when I first picked it up but then I did not have much time to drive it as it was returned to the stealer within the 1st week.

I am hoping that there might be someone who can tell me that there was a design change between an 07 plate and a 58 plate S-max but even then I can't beleive that I can only manage 36mpg and the car sound so bad when in low revs. I am starting to think that I will need to force the main stealer to take the car back and return my money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club