Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Brake light

Kevin Holloway

Hi everyone 

On the back of my Ford edge finale on the high brake light, a couple of the LEDs have stopped working has anybody else experience  this. Also looking at another edge it seems that there are about 6 or 7 LEDs on each side of the high brake light that also doesn't  come on, and I was wondering why... has anybody ever replaced this module, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Had this at around 2 years old.  Noticed a few missing then the whole thing went off.  Had it replaced under ford warranty no problem.   Be aware though the whole width does not light on these modules. There are areas each end that don't light up.

hi eddie, thanks for replying, i thought the sides never lit up, shame really dont see why they are there, anyway i can get one from eBay brand new for £85 as my car is now three and a half years old, but fitting it could be a problem, if you have any ideas on this it would gladly  accepted.

Sorry Kevin but as dealer fitted it I didn't actually see it done.  You may be able to tell by looking at new lamp,  how it`s fitted.   

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin

Did you ever get your high brake light replaced?

Mine has gone from a solid brake light line to 4 separate sections of lights (i.e 1 missing every 3 LED's)

Need to see how best to try and fix  it

Thanks Dave

• 6 months later...

Hi mine has also stop working on a few Leds. Just order the replacement from Ford for £73. Did anyone end up replacing there's, any tips or is it just as per the supplied PDF's.

Started to replace the high brake light yesterday. I am however stuck. Would anyone know the size and type of socket I would need for the nuts.

After searching I believe the nuts may be double hex? You can see 4 of the nuts when opening the boot. They are the 4 plastic nuts you see.

Any help would be appreciated.

A  std 13mm 12 point socket will grip that.   They're not that tight being plastic.

3 hours ago, eddiek said:

A  std 13mm 12 point socket will grip that.   They're not that tight being plastic.

Thanks that was the conclusion I came to, so your reply confirms my assumption.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club