Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heating working but no blowers.

Dewi.R

Hello, First of all i would like to say thank you for taking the time to read this post. I recently bought a 2005 mk5 ford fiesta that is not in great shape but i wanted something i can put some effort in to get a nice relyable car out of. So i have already had a few small problems with it that i knew prior to buying it, heating not working. A few body pannels need replacing etc. but no heavy damage so im happy with that i got for the price i paid.

With all that being said. if i turn the heating on high and drive around for a while i feel hot air coming from the vents but not being pushed persay. just there if that makes any sence to anyone 😛 sorry my car lingo is that to be admired of a 5 year old with their first remote controled car.

All settings 1-2-3-4 do not do anything on the car.

Also if anyone knows anyone in north wales who has a dark blue fiesta MK5 or parts for one please let me know 🙂

Many thanks for reading this and i look forward to your replies.

On 05/02/2021 at 8:09 AM, Dewi.R said:

Hello, First of all i would like to say thank you for taking the time to read this post. I recently bought a 2005 mk5 ford fiesta that is not in great shape but i wanted something i can put some effort in to get a nice relyable car out of. So i have already had a few small problems with it that i knew prior to buying it, heating not working. A few body pannels need replacing etc. but no heavy damage so im happy with that i got for the price i paid.

With all that being said. if i turn the heating on high and drive around for a while i feel hot air coming from the vents but not being pushed persay. just there if that makes any sence to anyone 😛 sorry my car lingo is that to be admired of a 5 year old with their first remote controled car.

All settings 1-2-3-4 do not do anything on the car.

Also if anyone knows anyone in north wales who has a dark blue fiesta MK5 or parts for one please let me know 🙂

Many thanks for reading this and i look forward to 

I know nothing much about the technical side of cars  but have you checked all the fuses  not sure if there is a dedicated circuit for the blower, do you have a max button on your Fiesta for quick demisting if so does that work?

Hth

Honestly not 100% sure. This is only ever my 2nd car and still learning. (can drive but because of covid have not been able to re-do theory or test). But with that being said, the car has a lot of little bumps scrapes and flaws but im willing to get dirty and put it all right just because i want to make sure its all done correct and this is why i came to this site to ask for help and info. Fuse i have checked. previous owner said replacing the fuse worked for a short amount of time but then didnt after so i may be the motor blowing the fuse but not sure on that one. The heater doesnt work for the window at all. Have to wipe it down if i go out in it early.

Had this car for around 2 weeks but i am dedicated to restoring it fully, Inc bodywork and rebuild of some interior stuff that has been damaged. Engine has done 108k miles but sounds suprisingly good. Will be taking it for a full service in the next couple of weeks just to make sure if there are any belts or anything that needs sorting that it gets done.

As crazy as it might sound, i am not bothered if it costs more to fix up this little beaten up mk5 than it would to buy a better one. Atleast with this i know where i stand with it. Also it was only £350 and it runs with no rust. So its a decent start for a first car for full licence when i get it.

Does need :

Front bumper
Back bumper
Drivers door
Both wing mirrors
Bonnet catch handle

new center console

new seat release handles

heating fixed.

But with all that sorted it would be an almost perfect MK5, which i would be very happy with. Found alot of donor car's for the body work but strugling to find the same colour 😛 Dark blue doesnt seem to be very comon for a mk5.

Sounds like you have a great project on your hands, certainly no better time than a lockdown for this, hopefully when lockdown ends you can hit the streets in your nice motor.

Have a go at googling how to test a motor, possibly resistance across terminals with a multimeter, this may answer your question of, is the blower motor whats causing your fuses to blow.

Good luck with your project...Great way to learn BTW 👌 

• 3 weeks later...

I will buy a multimeter and test it over the next week or so. havent tried changing the fuse yet, but there was a few fuses in the car when i got it. i have no problem sinking money into this car as i plan to have it for many years to be honest. Might be 15years old but good way to learn things without blowing a 5k car haha.

Thank you for the information

• 2 months later...

This is fixed now. Was the motor. managed to find one on eBay for £50 reconditioned which was alot better than what the garage found.

£300 for the part + fitting from the garage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club