Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Transit Connect Won't Start!!! Security?

lucusjames

Hi all, (first post)

i've got a 2016 1.5 tdci transit connect that had some wires melt on the exhaust. Oops. Since then, i have fixed the loom and reset codes etc, but it just won't start or crank.

I have tested the ignition and starter, including voltage, changed relays and fuses but i am stumped. The starter just won't turn. I have bypassed the battery to the starter and it will spin, but just doesn't sound like its going to start.
The voltage at the starter solenoid was only 2.5V on the switch side. (so 12v, earth, 2,5v and 3.5V i believe)

My question is, in my endless search for answers, could it possibly something to do with security? On forscan's going through my options, i have come across;
DLA_SED_C126 - DENIED - Vehicle Security Access.
STARTER-PROTEC - Clear to start (but changes to protect when trying to crank) then back again
PATSSSES - Enabled

i haven't got an immobiliser issues and have ran myself up the wall trying everything from an earth to the ECU.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on the above or generally anything lol.

thanks in advance, any advice taken

• 9 months later...

On 2/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, lucusjames said:

Hi all, (first post)

i've got a 2016 1.5 tdci transit connect that had some wires melt on the exhaust. Oops. Since then, i have fixed the loom and reset codes etc, but it just won't start or crank.

I have tested the ignition and starter, including voltage, changed relays and fuses but i am stumped. The starter just won't turn. I have bypassed the battery to the starter and it will spin, but just doesn't sound like its going to start.
The voltage at the starter solenoid was only 2.5V on the switch side. (so 12v, earth, 2,5v and 3.5V i believe)

My question is, in my endless search for answers, could it possibly something to do with security? On forscan's going through my options, i have come across;
DLA_SED_C126 - DENIED - Vehicle Security Access.
STARTER-PROTEC - Clear to start (but changes to protect when trying to crank) then back again
PATSSSES - Enabled

i haven't got an immobiliser issues and have ran myself up the wall trying everything from an earth to the ECU.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on the above or generally anything lol.

thanks in advance, any advice taken

Hi - did you ever get this problem resolved?  We have a Transit Custom with the same 'DENIED message of Forscan in response to DLA_SED_C126.  Many thanks, Al 

You have to 'buy' the FORScan licence (£10) if you want to get in to the PATS security system otherwise FORScan will deny access.

Not saying thats going to fix your problem, but its a start.

Thanks Unofix - I have Forscan and the extended licence but I understand that for any vehicle after 2012 PATS is not an option - I should have said it's a 2015 Transit custom.  Sounds like I may need to get to Ford or registered auto-locksmith?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club