Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sync 3 update

billybob66

Hi all and hope you're all keeping safe,

just done a check on the ford website, and it seems there is a new update for sync 3, and about time too.

Has anybody all ready installed this update? And what is new if you have?

One thing I did notice is says update from sync3 to sync3 and the file is only 2.61 GB so is this just a bug removal update?

Time or your replies will tell.

Cheers all  billybob

• Like 1

Just seen this . Will do it tommorow and see what it's about. Cheers for the post!

Just signed up to the forum,

Got my 2018 Vignale on Saturday just gone. 

Read about all the problems people seemed to have updating their Sync 3 systems and tried it on mine yesterday (Sunday 7th).

Started off with Sync 3.3 and maps version 7.

I expected lots of issues reading through old threads but found the whole thing painless.

I did the update (the 2.6 gig) file. The only slight issue was finding one of my USB sticks that my car would accept as compatible.

The update took around 20 to 30 mins of driving about my local area, once completed I took out the usb and uploaded the log file to the Ford site.

Within a few minutes I was offered an updated maps download (I think it was around 23 gig) took around an hour to download and around another hour to transfer to my USB stick.

Took the car out for a longer drive (getting to know the car so I did not mind). First part of the update took quite a while seemed like 40 minutes or so. Apologies for not timing it .  Once that completed i just kept driving around and it went onto part 2 automaticaly no jumping out of the car and going through any cycling of door locks or anything I had read about earlier. Again part 2 took a fair while seemed a similar time to part one.

Upon it completing I returned home (was close by anyway) The last message was something like "your system will update on next startup".

I nipped out 15 mins or so later to get a takeaway and all seemed fine though I confess to not checking map version number, I will do that a bit later today and report back.

Hope that rather vauge description is of help. Sorry for not taking detailed notes 😉

• Like 2

Currently updating from this 

20210208_131934.jpg

To this . Just a different build number

20210208_132953.jpg

16 hours ago, billybob66 said:

Hi all and hope you're all keeping safe,

just done a check on the ford website, and it seems there is a new update for sync 3, and about time too.

Has anybody all ready installed this update? And what is new if you have?

One thing I did notice is says update from sync3 to sync3 and the file is only 2.61 GB so is this just a bug removal update?

Time or your replies will tell.

Cheers all  billybob

When the update was first released a few months ago, the topic ran to 48 pages. Obviously not easy to find the bits you really need, but just bear in mind it's all been discussed at length before and that's why you might not get many people posting a response.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, Morty1977 said:

To this . Just a different build number

20210208_132953.jpg

Yeah same. Done mine this morning. Would love to know any changes it made but on the surface can't see any. 

3.4 came out a few months ago which is what the update is (This is only for 2018+ models I think) otherwise it will keep you on 3.3.

The main issue what people are still waiting on from the last thread was the F9 maps update not showing up for anybody 

24 minutes ago, FezMan said:

3.4 came out a few months ago which is what the update is (This is only for 2018+ models I think) otherwise it will keep you on 3.3.

The main issue what people are still waiting on from the last thread was the F9 maps update not showing up for anybody 

This is an update to 3 0 we are talking about. It only came out this week or end of last. Its still on 3.0 but new build number. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, gillyallan said:

This is an update to 3 0 we are talking about. It only came out this week or end of last. Its still on 3.0 but new build number. 

Correct, seems like a new build number but no changes other than that, shame really as mine is super super slow to change DAB stations.

45 minutes ago, billybob66 said:

Correct, seems like a new build number but no changes other than that, shame really as mine is super super slow to change DAB stations.

Been reading around and it's possible the update was to account for changes in android and iOS for car play and AA to work better with it. All guesswork really since Ford don't like to tell you. 

I might add when I took my USB drive out I dropped it down where seatbelts click in and it found the smallest hole to end up inside my passenger seat trim. Had to get tools out to loosen trim and get it out. Of all the places it could fall arghhhh. 

• Haha 1

One thing I've noticed is that changing between Dab stations is now alot quicker!!

2 hours ago, billybob66 said:

Funny you should say that ...!! Mines alot quicker now changing dab stations!!

6 hours ago, Morty1977 said:

One thing I've noticed is that changing between Dab stations is now alot quicker!!

I'll try mine today. Sometimes mine is slow other times it's OK. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morty1977 said:

I'll try mine today. Sometimes mine is slow other times it's OK. 

Edit. Tried and found it changes OK between my general ones but tried one I'm not normally on and changing back took its usual long time 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billybob66 said:

Funny you should say that ...!! Mines alot quicker now changing dab stations!!

Ah! Maybe mines the same I was just going through my preset stations !