Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 display strange behaviour

Hi folks,

Just been out today in the mk8 fiesta with most recent sync 3 software loaded. It was updated few months ago and been OK since  until today that is.

Noticed screen was black and blank but rear camera OK just nothing else.

Did power off and locked doors, got back in and still blank, 

Held power button and seek button and display came back but very sluggish so did master reset, and display seems OK albeit a little sluggish.

Is this a common occurrence with Sync 3  or should I get it booked in?

Thanks 

Steve

Mine's done it occasionaly.

Just a quirk of Sync as far as I know as it's done it on two of my cars now.

I usually find if you keep driving it will eventually reboot and sort itself out. Sometimes I don't even have a working rear camera till it has rebooted.

Mine did it on the way home tonight, first time I've had a problem with it since about September 2020.

The screen went black and my sat nav (via google maps on android auto) was just repeating the same message to take 2nd exit from the previous roundabout.

The radio was still playing but I couldn't change stations. Turned the volume to off and just left it until I got home.

Did a soft reset and it came back, but as you mentioned it seemed very sluggish to respond afterwards.

Will see how it is in the morning.

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

Mine did it on the way home tonight, first time I've had a problem with it since about September 2020.

The screen went black and my sat nav (via google maps on android auto) was just repeating the same message to take 2nd exit from the previous roundabout.

The radio was still playing but I couldn't change stations. Turned the volume to off and just left it until I got home.

Did a soft reset and it came back, but as you mentioned it seemed very sluggish to respond afterwards.

Will see how it is in the morning.

Thanks mate, yes exactly like mine, mine has had a normal display since yesterday when I did reset, but still sluggish, for example when I first start her up, I get the spinning wheel while maps load.

I will let you know if I have any other peculiarities:-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club