Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lower Doors Seal Rubber/Weatherstrip

DavesEdge

Hi All

When getting in my Edge to go to work today, due to the cold from this years beast from the east, the door seal rubber/weatherstrip was frozen to the inside bottom of osf door.

Due to this freezing, the rubber strip pulled away from the osf sill of my Edge.

When I got to work, this rubber seal just fell down as it was no longer frozen to door.

So I had to pull it all off otherwise it would have just dragged on road when I drove home from work. In doing so, I found out it goes from the front door to the back door in one piece.

My questions are as follows :-

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Does anyone know part numbers so that I can price up/order new rubber?

Does anyone know what this part is actually called?

Or would it be a simple clip back in (somehow) job?

I am going to wait for the snow to go as do not fancy laying down in/on the snow to inspect what required to sort out.

But thought I would ask anyway before I see about repairing.

Stay safe.

Happy motoring

Dave

7 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Hi Dave, I can’t comment specifically on the Edge but I have some experience with weather strips.

In my experience if the rubber isn’t damaged at all it can be re-used, there should be a ridge on the back side of the rubber that can be pushed back onto the door frame, if you look on the other side of the car and get an idea of where it is seated that will help you to re-fit the side that came off.

I would not recommend leaving the fitment for too long, if it does rain there is a much higher chance of water ingress.

I am trying to figure out what type of rubber strip you are having the issue with, does it run around the inside of the door frame? Are you able to take a few pictures of the front and back strip and upload it here?

Hi FiestaForever

It is not the actual door rubber that goes round the door opening, but it is an extra bit of rubber that is or appears to be fitted along the sills of the Edge so that when doors shut it comes into contact with bottom of doors. 

Stay safe

Happy motoring 

Dave 

Had exactly same thing this morning, the door was frozen to the seal and pulled off from the sill.  If you look along edge of seal there are a number of fixing holes.  There are T shaped clips which stretch into the holes in rubber and clip into sill holes.  Your clips will still be attached to sills.  Its a fiddly job but possible to stretch them back over the T clips in situ.  If you have a look , you'll see what I mean.  It`s a case of hooking on, stretching hole forward and then backwards to get the T clip back in rubber seal.

Had the same(Canada), I siliconed the rubber seal back in position and every time I wash car  i wipe seals with silicone lube, no more problems. Due to the amount of salt we use on the roads I also spray the bottom on these “horrible wrap around doors” , I also spray the bottoms of my doors

On 2/13/2021 at 1:07 PM, eddiek said:

Had exactly same thing this morning, the door was frozen to the seal and pulled off from the sill.  If you look along edge of seal there are a number of fixing holes.  There are T shaped clips which stretch into the holes in rubber and clip into sill holes.  Your clips will still be attached to sills.  Its a fiddly job but possible to stretch them back over the T clips in situ.  If you have a look , you'll see what I mean.  It`s a case of hooking on, stretching hole forward and then backwards to get the T clip back in rubber seal.

Hi All

@eddiek Now that the snow/ice/etc has gone, I will take a look this or next weekend at what you suggested, sounds like a possible repair plan.

On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, Adam Smith said:

Had the same(Canada), I siliconed the rubber seal back in position and every time I wash car  i wipe seals with silicone lube, no more problems. Due to the amount of salt we use on the roads I also spray the bottom on these “horrible wrap around doors” , I also spray the bottoms of my doors

@Adam Smith I like your silicone lube idea. I will give this a try once rubber seal refitted.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

When you checkout Ford sites it says no longer available,  Managed to acquire one on eBay . Ford genuine part FT4Z-5820759-A / FT4BR20759AA.  I`ll have it for future use as did notice some of the holes are actually torn in old seal.  

20210219_135358.jpg

On arrival it seems to be a n/side one .  It was my o/side one which had stuck.  If anyone needs the n/side they can have it at cost price. £20.  

23 hours ago, eddiek said:

When you checkout Ford sites it says no longer available,  Managed to acquire one on eBay . Ford genuine part FT4Z-5820759-A / FT4BR20759AA.  I`ll have it for future use as did notice some of the holes are actually torn in old seal.  

20210219_135358.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club