Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Air Con Service regass

HRF1T2020

Hi

What do ford do in a Aircon service?

Having mine done March 1st as light comes on but nothing is happening to suggest it is working

So as its just still under warranty, be best to get it ready for summer

Recover any old gas, vac test the system briefly to check for leaks, refill the system if test passed.

Not all AC parts will be covered by the warranty.  If a stone has damaged the condenser for example, that wouldn't be covered.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Recover any old gas, vac test the system briefly to check for leaks, refill the system if test passed.

Not all AC parts will be covered by the warranty.  If a stone has damaged the condenser for example, that wouldn't be covered.

OK thank you

Hopefully that's not the case with the under tray in place, but knowing my luck

Knowing my luck though, guess they're pricey

36 minutes ago, HRF1T2020 said:

OK thank you

Hopefully that's not the case with the under tray in place, but knowing my luck

Knowing my luck though, guess they're pricey

Stones come in through the front grill.  There's nothing that can be done to stop them as the radiator needs as much airflow as possible of course.

Do let us know how you get on, whether it just needed a regas or whether any repairs were needed.

Will update after its been done

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Has it just stopped working or has it not been working for a while? Remember the air-con may not work when the outside temp is very cold. On previous cars of mine (non-Ford) it didn't work at 4 deg C or below.

Mine works at -4 deg.   I think Ford recommend not using it in temperatures below +4 deg.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Mine works at -4 deg.   I think Ford recommend not using it in temperatures below +4 deg.

Wasn't sure if light might be on but it not actually cooling anything, I must be wrong. I think it's not recommended to prevent the heater icing up and becoming a block of Ice.

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Has it just stopped working or has it not been working for a while? Remember the air-con may not work when the outside temp is very cold. On previous cars of mine (non-Ford) it didn't work at 4 deg C or below.

Can't say how long, but noticed light comes on but no action,

Usually you get a click or drop of revs as aircon activates

• 3 weeks later...

So dropped car off and mentioned it started to work again but not used as didn't want to cause any damage

Also mentioned had smell I think anyway not sure if related to the air con or the fuel cap area, as the easy fuel area smells of petrol if put nose up to it

Where as my other one does not. Anyway let's see what they find, I'm guessing nothing and all be serviced and regassed and de bacterial treated.

So they have rang to say car is ready

They couldn't find anything wrong or any smells

They have serviced regassed and added a dye into the Aircon and suggested returning in a month so they can inspect for leaks, and the bacterial treatment may have rectified any smell I was picking up, so suck it and see I guess

Think as I am getting car mot and serviced with my local trusted garage in 3 weeks will get them to inspect

Also dealership were fitting new a pillar trim as they replaced it before but fitted badly, hoping when I pick up it's now a snug fit

• Like 1

So collected car

A Pillar trim is much much better fit

Car smells nice of lemon

Seems more responsive than before or just me.

Couldnt find anything with fuel system and nothing with the easy fuel cap, though he reckoned that is checked on the Mot? 🤔

Can smell fumes if I put my nose close to the first flap behind the external flap cover but I guess it's a petrol cap 

If I open that little flap can see the second flap which is locked as it should be till the filler goes in

Can't smell it outside with external flap shut

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have recently stumbled on these sites that provide Comprehensive Air Conditioners and Heaters Installation, service Maintenance, and Repair. The guides are super easy to follow and enjoyed the quality and affordable Air Conditioners and Heaters Installation. You can also check the website yourself: https://affordableaircareca.com/services/