Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta.. clock and mileage/trip reset every time engine turned off.

Tres

Hi. Following from another thread and me delving into my memory...

About 3 years ago I didn't use the car for a while. battery died. Jump start failed. Wouldn't even try to turn over. New battery...nope. had RAC out. Then a key guy as it was mentioned it could be a key problem.. nope. Anyway after using online forums and paying £5 for expert advice.. 

The jump start had blown a fuse. Don't remember which one but it was in the fuse box under the bonnet. Hey presto.. car started. 

Since then though the clock and mileage mpg etc reset every time I turned engine off. Overall mileage fine. 

It has been mentioned it may be battery but it was brand new at the time and hasn't caused my any issues since? 

I thought oh.. a fuse (answer the everything now!). But as I wait for my box of fuses to arrive it's been pointed out that they wouldn't work at all if it was that. 

Any ideas? I mean it doesn't affect me but u want to sell soon and it's niggling me. 

Also not sure if any way related.. the obd port near the steering wheel. Well I never had reason to touch it but recently joined AA and got smart breakdown. On my second device now and it's apparent that the problem is my car and neither have worked at all. 

Is that linked?

Is it a fuse? 

I know the box behind glovebox is where I can find some fuses so I'll check when my fuses come. 

Also maybe unrelated as my cigarette lighter used to work as did my aux port but I think a drink was spilled at some point and they don't now. A fuse ?? 🤣

As you can tell I am a complete novice. 

Car I the first shape of 2008. So Mk6 facelift or Mk7 pre Facelift (I got confused as it's listed as both in different places I searched).

Thanks in advance. 🙂

I think we got all that from the other post you made on the same subject. 

15 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

I think we got all that from the other post you made on the same subject. 

Thanks for the unhelpful response however the new post was titled in regards to the actual problem rather that a general fuse box question. Someone might see it and know how to help on the problem itself. 

Again... Thanks for your utterly unhelpful and pointless reply. 

You're not going to get much help with that attitude on this forum.

4 hours ago, Tres said:

Thanks for the unhelpful response however the new post was titled in regards to the actual problem rather that a general fuse box question. Someone might see it and know how to help on the problem itself. 

Again... Thanks for your utterly unhelpful and pointless reply. 

I think you have to understand that help forums don’t have an infinite amount of space available to them. It’s quite a simple format. You have an issue, you search and see if there is already something that exists to help with that issue. If there is, you post in there for help. If there isn’t you generate a new thread. If you generate more than one thread about the same thing, it just annoys folk and you are actually less likely to get the help you require, than you would if you just added to or even edited the original thread.  If you are defending your position by saying your new thread was titled correctly, then all I can say is, you should have titled your first one correctly in the first place. No point in getting aggravated at me because you don’t know what you’re doing. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have the same issue....Radio use to come on automatically and not anymore. Fuel consumption indicator also reset and start from scratch. Tried resetting the computer, but no success. Anyone that could guide me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.....

Hi Luke, sometimes but not always, this problem can be sorted by disconnecting the car battery for 20 minutes. This causes all modules to reinitialise when the battery is reconnected, which often clears these random issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club