Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunglasses compartment dripping

Kofigc

Hello,

sorry to add yet another leak related thread to the forum as I noticed prior to joining there’s been a spike in this activity recently. 

I’ll start with what I know (which isn’t much) and hopefully you can guide me from there...

2012 1.0 ecoboost (yes, I know). No sunroof or moonroof as they seem to be called elsewhere. 

today I noticed water ingress coming from the sunglasses compartment that’s in the headlining of the centre console area where the microphone / Speakers are for incar bluetooth etc. 

opened the compartment and not a lot to report tbh with no obvious signs of a drip much less a leak. Dried it up and noticed it appeared again. Repeated the wiping / drying process a few times and it seemed to stop. 

curious about what this could be and whether anyone has had a similar issue before? 

roof lining was all dry from what I could see / feel / tell...

not had a replacement windscreen to my knowledge. 

Probably unrelated but yesterday I noticed the wee screen for the radio station etc had a mind of its own as it was scrolling up and down menus on its own but never actually changing the station etc. I thought it was just dirt or something stuck in behind one of the scroll buttons on the steering wheel and thought no more of it as it seemed to stop after pressing it a few times to ease off whatever it might have been.

anyway, that’s not the point... any ideas on the drip spotted from the sunglasses compartment? Seen sunroof drains featured heavily on other forums but as mentioned I don’t have a sunroof? 

Isn't the aerial mount directly above?

If so check the aerial seal.

Failing that check the water to see if it smells of screen wash, the rear wash pipe runs up the side of the roof.

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Isn't the aerial mount directly above?

If so check the aerial seal.

Failing that check the water to see if it smells of screen wash, the rear wash pipe runs up the side of the roof.

Thank you for the suggestion on this, will have a look in the next couple of days. There was nothing there today when I was in the car.

the sunglasses compartment is in the middle of the car in the headlining above the gearstick. I’ll try to post photos too. 

thanks again  

the rear washer pipe runs inside the roof liner maybe its frozen and split the pipe ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club