Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philips H7 LED - Focus Halogen headlight MK 3.5

cartman9090

I am replacing the poor low beam Halogen H7 with Philips LED H7, 2016 Focus. Problem is, I cannot see how to make the H7 lock in position. It fits, but the electric connector powering the bulb also have a function that locks the H7. Now, this connector is connected the plug wired to the new H7 LED. So there is no locking for the H7 LED. 

Is there a solution to this?? 

The light is really white compared to the Halogen H7

IMG_20210212_222644.jpg

The metal clips I've circled are what holds the lamp in place, you may be able to remove the clip from the original holder and fit it over the base of the LED. If not then you can buy the clips, you need something like THESE (CLICK HERE) 

I say 'like' these because I don't know.if they contain the exact ones you need but it's just to show you what you need to look for. Halfords would be able to let you have a look and see if there is something suitable. I couldn't find one for .y friends Kia, he broke the original, but I bought this pack and managed to get the clip in place and then used an elastic band to secure it. Worked perfectly for many years. 

Screenshot_20210213-015812_Samsung Internet.jpg

These are what you need but be careful when fitting then in they are brittle. The leds normally have a removable ring you place that into the h7 slot then click the holder on top then slot the unit in. The harness and stuff should all fit in there too with a bit of fiddling. 

image.thumb.png.0d6bd20923c3d4d3808c84377847619a.png

If the spring is wide enough to be over the base, where will it be attached? It now sits in the connector just pushing the Halogen in place, that isn't there anymore 

I didn't believe the instructions on mine....

effectively the 3 prong fitting on an H7 bulb twists 45 degrees and falls off the bulb unit.... then you fit the 3 prong bit like a normal bulb, with nothing stopping the spring clip fitting as normal.  Then poke the bulb in the hole and crank till it locks in simple as...

that was nighteye bulbs....  in other works the fastening and the bulb are two pieces....  but it certainly doesn't look or feel like this

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

The metal clips I've circled are what holds the lamp in place, you may be able to remove the clip from the original holder and fit it over the base of the LED. If not then you can buy the clips, you need something like THESE (CLICK HERE) 

I say 'like' these because I don't know.if they contain the exact ones you need but it's just to show you what you need to look for. Halfords would be able to let you have a look and see if there is something suitable. I couldn't find one for .y friends Kia, he broke the original, but I bought this pack and managed to get the clip in place and then used an elastic band to secure it. Worked perfectly for many years. 

Screenshot_20210213-015812_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 hours ago, F0CUE said:

These are what you need but be careful when fitting then in they are brittle. The leds normally have a removable ring you place that into the h7 slot then click the holder on top then slot the unit in. The harness and stuff should all fit in there too with a bit of fiddling. 

As I understand, first I must take off the black ring from the LED Bulb ( as noted in picture added), put the black ring in place inside the housing - and lock it with the locking piece you linked? 

Sorry for double asking, must be sure. Need to order that locking piece ( 13 pounds for shipping to Norway🥴

The locking piece looks correct as far as I can see. Thanks! 

IMG_20210212_222454__01.jpg

1 hour ago, cartman9090 said:

As I understand, first I must take off the black ring from the LED Bulb ( as noted in picture added), put the black ring in place inside the housing - and lock it with the locking piece you linked? 

Sorry for double asking, must be sure. Need to order that locking piece ( 13 pounds for shipping to Norway🥴

The locking piece looks correct as far as I can see. Thanks! 

IMG_20210212_222454__01.jpg

Yes correct then the ring holds the unit in place. Make sure the the flat sides of the bulb are right to left so the beam is correct. 

image.thumb.png.8c174cab7499d63813f4cd02e3a90322.png

28 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yes correct then the ring holds the unit in place. Make sure the the flat sides of the bulb are right to left so the beam is correct. 

image.thumb.png.8c174cab7499d63813f4cd02e3a90322.png

Great! Do you think the locking piece can be ordered from elswere? 

16 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Ebay or aliexpress

One more thing : I don't think the Philips Ultinon LED H7 have built-in Can Bus function. I read that most of the times this will work anyway without any problem.

What is your experience? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 11:26 AM, F0CUE said:

Hello again. I got what looked like these adapters. But they are too wide to fit..It says in description that "it may be necessary to modify the adapters a little", but they seem to be too large anyway 

IMG_20210227_150118.jpg

IMG_20210227_145942.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club