Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start stop battery

Neil1210

Hi just wondering can you replace your own car battery with start stop 2015 plate or does it need to be programmed to the ecu EFB battery

No programming required, you just have to reset the BMS which controls the stop/start when you fit the new battery.

Ignition on for 10 seconds. Press rear fog light button 5 times. Press hazard button 3 times and wait 10 seconds. The battery light should then flash to show the BMS has been reset.

• Like 1

Programming only required if you upgrade the battery from efb to agm which can be done via forscan otherwise just reset the bcm which is done by:

Ignition on for 10 seconds ,then

Press fog light switch 5 times 

Press hazard switch 3 times 

battery light flashes 

Job done, engine off.

Edit; luke beat me to it

Edited by cjay1

Just wondering, does this apply if disconnecting and reconnecting the original battery?

I had a flat battery the other morning, jump started it, now the climate control unit has no power. 
I want to try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery

Actually, it's flat now, so I need to jump it again, and probably order a new battery.

Could anyone tell me the battery type and approx price?

EDIT: Really sorry - just realised this post is about the Fiesta, mines a Focus..

5 hours ago, cjay1 said:

Programming only required if you upgrade the battery from efb to agm which can be done via forscan otherwise just reset the bcm which is done by:

Ignition on for 10 seconds ,then

Press fog light switch 5 times 

Press hazard switch 3 times 

Battery light flashes 

Job done, engine off.

Edit; luke beat me to it

a friend of mine ( mk8 fiesta ecoboost 1.0 start stop ) replaced his battery with an AGM one, he didn't perform any programing, what could be the consequences ? 

and are those procdures for resetting the BMS works with mk8 ?

thank you 🙂 

If the vehicle battery is replaced, it is very important to perform the battery monitoring system reset . If the battery monitoring system reset is not carried out, it holds the old battery parameters and time in service counter in memory. Additionally it tells the system the battery is in an aged state and the (sic) may limit the Electrical Energy Management system functions.

Taken from a workshop manual. 

• Like 1

Hi

After quick look online could not find a AGM battery the same size as the EFB 100 reconmended

by suppliers, the AGM ones arehigher, would this be a problem ? Any info on suppliers that sell 

AGM the same size as the EFB  would be appreciated

Cheers

1 hour ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

a friend of mine ( mk8 fiesta ecoboost 1.0 start stop ) replaced his battery with an AGM one, he didn't perform any programing, what could be the consequences ? 

and are those procdures for resetting the BMS works with mk8 ?

thank you 🙂 

it shouldn't do any damage to the battery efb can be replaced with agm but agm cannot be replaced with efb,but telling the car it has an agm battery fitted allows it to optimise the charge discharge strategy for the battery. the only difference i have noticed in real life is stop start works more often for longer.

3 minutes ago, Steveostit14 said:

Hi

After quick look online could not find a AGM battery the same size as the EFB 100 reconmended

by suppliers, the AGM ones arehigher, would this be a problem ? Any info on suppliers that sell 

AGM the same size as the EFB  would be appreciated

Cheers

096 battery size fits but the top retaining bracket needs to be bent slightly to get it to fit.

20 hours ago, cjay1 said:

096 battery size fits but the top retaining bracket needs to be bent slightly to get it to fit.

Cheers cjay1

I will keep a AGM as a option, my original battery on my 2014 fiesta is still starting car

but the stop/start only works for a couple of days affter charging!! thinks its due to be 

changed !!  first sign of struggling its gone !!!!