Do Not Sell My Personal Information

de salting my tyres

michaelburrows

iv just finished cleaning the tyres on the car.  i think iv found the best product ever.  liberally spray wd40 onto a cloth then work it into the rubber.  they have come up like brand new.  no salt or muck.  i shall be doing this on a regular basis now. no shine just a lovely black finish. 

Perhaps it will look good today, but as soon as the product dries out it'll look the same as before.

I just scrub mine with whichever car shampoo I'm using that day and an old wheel brush. Once a month ill apply some tyre dressing. Never had an issue achieving that new tyre look.

The main ingredient of WD40 is a solvent. When used on tyres the solvent will affect the rubber compound of the tyres. It may look great now but on the long term the solvent will cause the rubber compound to deteriorate prematurely.

• Like 1

I refuse to let this thread deteriorate into 'what tire dressing is best', but - I always use Meguiars 🤣

1335662802_tiredressing.jpg.09660ed6a66085309bb901ad530676ee.jpg 

• Haha 1

Meguairs Endurance Gel is best for me...even survives light rain and puddles!  Their applicators are rubbish though, I just use an old kitchen sponge for one application and then bin it.

The main thing for any tyre dressing is degreasing the tyres first though.  Need a good stiff brush to do it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I refuse to let this thread deteriorate into 'what tire dressing is best', but - I always use Meguiars 🤣

1335662802_tiredressing.jpg.09660ed6a66085309bb901ad530676ee.jpg 

This stuff I've found is awesome lasts even after rain and a wash! Halfods £5.99

1000x1000_2083_1312027d364bcc55f9b422b07e5c0fc6_1593772108TETTYS500.jpg

wd40s claim is that it is safe and acceptable to use on cars tyres and rubber. 

it really is the micacle cure for everything .

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Meguairs Endurance Gel is best for me...even survives light rain and puddles! 

It's no good with Poodles though, had to jet wash that little bugger's guts off

• Haha 2

it was ok on my gsd.   and yes it did say ok for gsd on the list of applications

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club